Pardini SP1 operation help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
machohugeaxe

Pardini SP1 operation help

Post by machohugeaxe »

Hi, new to this forum and trying to get some help, please point me to the right place if this isn't it.

I know I shouldn't purchase a firearm without trying it, however I'm in Canada and with the pistol ban imminent last year, when I saw one of these pop up at the store used, I went for it. The store said they test fired it and it functioned properly.

Now i'm not able to find much detail in the manuals online, and I was hoping that the more experienced folks here might point me in the right direction. Seems like the one I purchased is an older/different version than the ones with the battery drain indicator. Also the on/off switch is not labeled with words, but with a red dot on where I believe is the on position. I tried to dryfire by pulling the trigger on either positions with new batteries inserted but I'm not hearing a pin strike.

This could be user error, are there additional requirements to dry firing or operations that you guys might be able to point me towards?

The label on it says CAT 15097

Thanks!
machohugeaxe

Re: Pardini SP1 operation help

Post by machohugeaxe »

So I checked the function of the switch, which looked very simple, together with the battery with a multimeter and it looked fine. So on a hunch, though I had screwed in the screw securing the switch pretty tightly, i pushed the switch down more (since the other side has springs), and secured it even deeper into the grip towards the trigger. And now it works fine.

Although, is it me or did racking the "slide" suddenly become more difficult?

As I said this was an impulse buy and I don't have any experience or anyone around me with experience with this type of firearm. I'd welcome any tips or good to know pieces of knowledge that might be helpful on the topic of these firearms vs your standard semi auto pistols.
BobGee

Re: Pardini SP1 operation help

Post by BobGee »

Going by the crud around the rear sight adjustment screws, I'd say the gun could do with a thorough clean and some TLC. WRT to your queries, I have no other knowledge of the electronic version. Surprised it’s still working given how other electronic trigger circuit boards seem to fail.

Bob