Matchguns mg2 parts for old model

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
p62-d

Matchguns mg2 parts for old model

Post by p62-d »

I have two MG2s one RF and the other std both with mechanical triggers, they both perform faultlessly, but just recently the std one which has a serial number MAT 1442 has developed a fault with the hammer - secondary release lever interface causing the hammer fail to set, on inspection the face of both the hammer and release lever are worn. I have spoken to Matchguns in Italy and they can't supply the spare parts. I am in Australia and can't seem to locate any here so I am reaching out to the wider Matchgun fraternity to see if these items can be purchased from anyone?
lyoke3

Re: Matchguns mg2 parts for old model

Post by lyoke3 »

Although I don't have the answer for you, you may want to pose your question on the USA bullseye forum as well. Good luck in your search.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
rmca

Post by rmca »

p62-d wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:58 am on inspection the face of both the hammer and release lever are worn
Is there sufficient material left on the parts to stone (file) new surfaces?
It shouldn't take much to get it to hold the hammer again.
Don't do this if you are not familiar with proper sear/hammer angles.

Hope this helps
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If it's the interface between the hammer and the secondary release lever, and it's similar in design to the newer Evo version, then the problem is too little metal, and stoning won't help.

The only thing I can suggest is to find someone who does micro-welding, and get them to build up the worn area. It needs to be hardened, or you will be back in a while...
p62-d

Post by p62-d »

Thanks for your reply and I agree with you honing will not help it has already lost material from wear, I like your suggestion of the micro welding/hardening. I have two similar model mg2s so have a pattern to follow when honing down after welding. ill make some enquiries about having the micro welding done.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I had a similar vintage MG2 and was able to resurface the sear face on the secondary release lever using a dremel. It worked perfectly however only attempt this if you feel confident and have the right equipment.
John Moore of Euroarms suggested it be done like this, and the advice proved to be good.
p.s. remember that you only need to remove enough material to freshen up the SRL face.
Good luck.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If his hammer isn't staying cocked, it's worn up inside the slide cover, and removing ANY material will only make it worse.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Never should any material be removed from the secondary release levers upper end !
My suggestion is to freshen up the sear face which is acceptable and beneficial if wear has taken place.