Whither Pardini USA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Whither Pardini USA

Post by B Lafferty »

I'm considering celebrating Spring with a new air pistol. Much will depend on whether or not I pick up a third college course to teach for the Spring semester, but I've been considering mechanical trigger pistols from Styer, FWB, and Walther. While this may sound odd to some, I'm not considering Moreni on purely aesthetic grounds due to the, IMO, ugly trigger guard that they have.

Pardini had a pretty wide range of air pistols available through the Pardini USA web site---K-12, K-10, KID and "Junior" iterations of the K-12 and K-10. Looking at the Pardini USA site the other day, they are now only offering the K-12 for sale. I've also heard that Pardini USA service has been less than stellar of late. It's the reduction in what is being offered for sale here in the US that really gives me pause when considering a purchase of a K-10 or a K-12.

In as much as I am now into my seventh decade on this plane of existence, although I do hope to reach a Biblical age as was recently predicted for a former US President who is a far worse physical specimen than I, I suspect that this next purchase is likely to be my last. So, what's up with Pardini? Does the reduction in their offerings indicate that they may soon go the way of Benelli and their Kite in the US?

That leaves me with Walther (LP-500 in some iteration), Styer (likely an LP-2) or FWB 8. I'm leaning towards the LP-2 given both its quality and the readily availability of parts and servicing here in the US. But again, what's with Pardini USA??
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
lyoke3

Re: Whither Pardini USA

Post by lyoke3 »

Why don't you email Pardini USA and ask them?

I'm not sure what you have heard about the service but they are a small family shop who has always gone above and beyond to help. They recently had a new addition to that family and along with going to Shot Show. I think they've had a lot on their plate. I'm not sure how much service you are going to need. I have about 20,000 pellets on the K12 since March with no issues. Plus they have the blow up diagrams on the website with all of the part numbers. If it's not in stock, send them and email they usually have it or it's on the next shipment.

To address the K10, it is an outdated pistol compared to the K12 and mainly used for pentathlon. This was discussed a few years back and I'm sure they are finally phasing it out to leave room for the flagship K12.

Good luck in your search.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
Sc0-

Post by Sc0- »

Have not seen any negative reviews of PardiniUSA, have purchased my pistol from them, parts, and inquired about service and zero problems with them delivering or replying. The K10 line was discontinued and replaced by the K12. (K10 was rumored that the trigger adjustments won't hold and trigger was worse than the prior generation Pardini.). K12 has the absorber and direct pellet to barrel, like the Steyr. I can say that the Pardini side manometer adds more seals to keep, but at 250bar pressure it can get more shots off than a 200bar fill that other manufacturers use.

I did pick up a LP500 with the 5d grip, still prefer the K10 trigger and whoever made the grip... The lp500 has the bolt feed probe and saddle breech like the K10, and a bunch of other options like electronic trigger drop in module, weights, and front sights and housings to choose from.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

The Pardini is lacking in grip angle and rotation. I find this useful in obtaining a natural & relaxed wrist position on my Steyr.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

lyoke3 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:22 am Why don't you email Pardini USA and ask them?

I'm not sure what you have heard about the service but they are a small family shop who has always gone above and beyond to help. They recently had a new addition to that family and along with going to Shot Show. I think they've had a lot on their plate. I'm not sure how much service you are going to need. I have about 20,000 pellets on the K12 since March with no issues. Plus they have the blow up diagrams on the website with all of the part numbers. If it's not in stock, send them and email they usually have it or it's on the next shipment.

To address the K10, it is an outdated pistol compared to the K12 and mainly used for pentathlon. This was discussed a few years back and I'm sure they are finally phasing it out to leave room for the flagship K12.

Good luck in your search.
I'm not overly concerned with what I hear as to service as long as there is service and parts availability in the US. A check of the Pardini Euro site shows the K-10 still in production along with the Kid model. There was a USA female shooter at a recent ISSF event, Slovakia IIRC, shooting with a Kid using a better grip that the wooden ambi grip that comes with the pistol. Of course, Benelli still shows the Kite in production......it may be, but who would buy one if they could find one given the lack of service availability.

I'm resigned to having my choices limited here in the US by parts and service issues with air pistols. It is what it is.
Thanks for the replies.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
robjob

Post by robjob »

I sent two pardini k10 for cylinder rebuild/update. They both leak after comming back. Had to disassemble, clean out and reassemble the regulators/ seals...
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

I have two K12 air pistols. One for me and one for my son. Both have seen 5k plus shots plus dry fire activity and both are going as strong as new. I would not hesitate to get another or recommend one to a friend which I did and his is superb as well.