Managing Youth Clubs Online

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

kbean

Managing Youth Clubs Online

Post by kbean »

I’m thinking of keeping up with our 4H scores for practice online, maybe tracking NRA MPQ progress in a online spreadsheet so that the kids and parents can access it.

Any experience or advice on doing something like this with Dropbox, or Google Drive, or something else?

Thanks!
lyoke3

Re: Managing Youth Clubs Online

Post by lyoke3 »

You should be able to do it fairly easily in Google Sheets. The hardest part would be getting or creating the score sheet template into the Excel/Google Sheets format. Once you have a template you would be able to have one location for all of the scores. Just duplicate the template for each new kid in a new tab. As the Google Sheet owner you will have the editing access then can share a "Viewer" link with the kids and parents.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
dakota308

Post by dakota308 »

I created a sheet in AutoCad for our clubs junior program, to track progress of all the kids as they earn their awards. Something similar could also be done in excel. I update it at the end of each month. We do not post it online but that could be done. We post it on the door to the equipment room. I also included lines for distinguished experts and what we call the 100 club. The 100 club is for those that shoot 100 in a match for each position. I am attaching an example in pdf form. I also made an individual one in excel, which I am also enclosing.
Attachments
JUNIOR SMALLBORE QUALIFICATION SCORES V3.xls
(50.5 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
AWARD SHEET master.pdf
(91.52 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
kbean

Post by kbean »

Thank you for the responses, this is helpful!
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

kbean wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:26 pm I’m thinking of keeping up with our 4H scores for practice online, maybe tracking NRA MPQ progress in a online spreadsheet so that the kids and parents can access it.

Any experience or advice on doing something like this with Dropbox, or Google Drive, or something else?

Thanks!
We use drop box for managing the files for the win/nra awards program and I also use onedrive for the electronic score results and share the link to my team so they can reference their scores and scores of their teammates.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Mr. Bean,
Sent you a pm