Champion Glasses Upgrade

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tedmosby7

Champion Glasses Upgrade

Post by tedmosby7 »

I was looking at moving up from my Knoblochs to some Champion glasses. I would like to get a more secure and comfortable fit on my... well... larger than average face. I will have to get new lenses in 42mm. Does the jump from 37mm to 42mm provide any benefit in the field of view?
Ramon OP

Re: Champion Glasses Upgrade

Post by Ramon OP »

You are looking at your front sight, so it does not matter. Some pistol shooters use the smaller size lenses used by rifle shooters basically because that's what they found second hand.
Ramon
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

I think one advantage of larger glasses is that they improve your peripheral vision which ever so slightly could help with balance. For that same reason I also like to have a lens for the other eye. The larger glasses are also more natural while not shooting. I can put them on early and let my eyes adapt without feeling visually impaired while setting up in a competition.
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

I picked MEC with 37mm lens. MEC is trending to rifle shooters more I reckon. But the ultra light titanium frame was really attract me. I compared MEC titanium with 37mm lens and Champion Olympic Champion with 42mm lens, MEC is much lighter. I feel almost no weight on my face when I’m wearing it. I think comfortable is also important?