Scope for training

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

alpineboard

Scope for training

Post by alpineboard »

Have been training with iron sights since last May, at least 5 eves a week. Patiently waiting for a new level of score to appear, realizing it takes time and effort, and still enjoy the shooting very much.
So the thinking here is with the 16x scope, I will see what actually is going on at the target, with hopes of possibly becoming steadier, and better. With 16x am seeing 3 vertical bulls, field of view, on a 12 bull target. So far after a few nights with this, am able to hold within the 8 ring.
Also with full intention of going back to iron sights, when the time is right.
Would appreciate any advice/opinions about this, my present score range is 88 to 94. In past years, was able to get 99's on occasion.
Just keep at practice and it will happen when it happens, enjoy the ride. Thank you, R
20230109_164159 - Copy (3) (3) (1) (1).jpeg
1845greyhounds

Re: Scope for training

Post by 1845greyhounds »

A Scatt will help you much more. It will show you all of your movement leading up to, during, and after the shot, plus it will show where the gun really was pointed (i.e. poor sight alignment, ect).

A scope can help but comes with its own baggage.
alpineboard

Re: Scope for training

Post by alpineboard »

After approx 20 targets w/scope, for tonight am starting to see and feel a more relaxed heartbeat, while watching the beat with the crosshairs bouncing, just thinking, ok relax heart, smooth out the peaks of this beat, and it did, the peaks reduced 30%. I may have been having an infrequent good night, or just settling in as usual, but still was fun to actually see it happen.