Feinwerkbau 103-Shoot with no pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10metershooterazores

Feinwerkbau 103-Shoot with no pellets

Post by 10metershooterazores »

I have the dry shooting system broken on my FWB 103. Is it bad to shoot without the pellets, just with the air? It's because I had to adjust the trigger to eliminate stage one and shoot as soon as I touch the trigger and had to shoot without the pellet.
Thank you
10 meter Shooter
Gwhite

Re: Feinwerkbau 103-Shoot with no pellets

Post by Gwhite »

It depends a lot of the particular design of the pistol, but in general, releasing air without the resistance of a pellet puts unusual stresses on things. I don't think it's too bad for most PCP pistols, and probably for single stroke pneumatics like the 103, but it will definitely damage spring air guns like older Feinwerkbau's. You might want to contact the factory & ask them.

I'm not familiar with the 103, or its trigger. If you eliminated the first stage, have you checked the trigger pull to make sure it's still over 500 grams?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yes, you can shoot it without pellets.

Damn it!, fix your trigger.
10metershooterazores

Rover wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:22 am Yes, you can shoot it without pellets.

Damn it!, fix your trigger.
The trigger is without the first stage the way i like and champion of Azores in Portugal and champion of terceira island Issf have!
I have been shooting today and well!
Thanks for the information
Stay well
Last edited by 10metershooterazores on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:28 am It depends a lot of the particular design of the pistol, but in general, releasing air without the resistance of a pellet puts unusual stresses on things. I don't think it's too bad for most PCP pistols, and probably for single stroke pneumatics like the 103, but it will definitely damage spring air guns like older Feinwerkbau's. You might want to contact the factory & ask them.

I'm not familiar with the 103, or its trigger. If you eliminated the first stage, have you checked the trigger pull to make sure it's still over 500 grams?
I think the trigger even has more than the 500g!

Thanks
Last edited by 10metershooterazores on Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 meter Shooter
Th.

Post by Th. »

Maybe this helps.
Attachments
Schermopname (2).png
10metershooterazores

Th. wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:49 am Maybe this helps.
I have the Manual, but thank you very much
Happy new year
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

10metershooterazores wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:46 am
Gwhite wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:28 am It depends a lot of the particular design of the pistol, but in general, releasing air without the resistance of a pellet puts unusual stresses on things. I don't think it's too bad for most PCP pistols, and probably for single stroke pneumatics like the 103, but it will definitely damage spring air guns like older Feinwerkbau's. You might want to contact the factory & ask them.

Next week im gonna take the FWB 103 and my friend gonna adjust the trigger to my needs amd confirm the 500 grams!
Thank you
Have a happy new year
10 meter Shooter
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

[
Last edited by atomicgale on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
10metershooterazores

I put 500 or 550 grams of sugar measured with a measuring cup inside a wing bag and put the wings around the trigger and did not trigger until I shook it lol
10 meter Shooter
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

10metershooterazores wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:23 pm

I put 500 or 550 grams of sugar measured with a measuring cup inside a wing bag and put the wings around the trigger and did not trigger until I shook it lol
So, your trigger could be set too high which could negatively impact your scores. Probably best to accurately determine what weight it actually releases the pellet at.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
10metershooterazores

B Lafferty wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am
10metershooterazores wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:23 pm

So, your trigger could be set too high which could negatively impact your scores. Probably best to accurately determine what weight it actually releases the pellet at.
Hello! I've already measured the weight of the trigger with an official weight of ISSF, in the shooting career, of the club where I shoot and it has the 500 grams! Happy New Year and thank you
10 meter Shooter
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The problem is that just means it's over 500 grams & is therefore legal for competition. If it's at 800 grams, the increased force on the trigger can move the pistol more than if it was at 550 grams, and you will be penalizing yourself unnecessarily.

The weight approach is the definitive test for competition. However, if you are adjusting your trigger, it's very useful to have a scale of some sort that measures the actual forces. There are spring scales around that are OK, but a digital scale like a Lyman or Wheeler is very nice. I have never used a Wheeler, but I've used three different Lyman trigger gauges, and I've checked them against 1/2, 1 and 2 pound calibration weights. In that range, they mostly read exactly what the weights were. At most, they were off by +/- 0.1 oz. (~ 3 grams).
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:25 pm The problem is that just means it's over 500 grams & is therefore legal for competition. If it's at 800 grams, the increased force on the trigger can move the pistol more than if it was at 550 grams, and you will be penalizing yourself unnecessarily.

The weight approach is the definitive test for competition. However, if you are adjusting your trigger, it's very useful to have a scale of some sort that measures the actual forces. There are spring scales around that are OK, but a digital scale like a Lyman or Wheeler is very nice. I have never used a Wheeler, but I've used three different Lyman trigger gauges, and I've checked them against 1/2, 1 and 2 pound calibration weights. In that range, they mostly read exactly what the weights were. At most, they were off by +/- 0.1 oz. (~ 3 grams).
I tested the weight of the trigger, with the weight of the shooting career where I shoot that is the official 500grams of ISSF Pistol 10 meters! Don't worry, it's really on the edge! Thank you
10 meter Shooter