Free pistol grips - too large

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tedmosby7

Free pistol grips - too large

Post by tedmosby7 »

I have Morini Free Pistol Grips on a TOZ 35M. The size is XL. I have a size Large to maybe even Medium hand. Is there a way besides a lot of wood putty to get these things smaller/fill in free space or is it not worth the effort and get a smaller size?
Gwhite

Re: Free pistol grips - too large

Post by Gwhite »

I'd start by seeing if you can find someone with a medium grip who wants to swap. Try the Buy-Sell-Trade forum.
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

If you can't find a swap deal for your Toz grips, I can make a custom set for you made to measure for a lot less than a traditional adjustable wood set. Check out this site and the Bullseye forum for lots of reviews of my work and see PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com for more details.

Let me know if you have any questions about what you see,

Andrew

Precision Target Pistol Grips
6string

Post by 6string »

It's a good idea to experiment with what you have. I'd try padding the area of the grip that surrounds the outside of your hand.
You can try Dr. Scholl's padding material used to fit shoes. It's available from the drug store. You can even try folded paper towels wrapped in masking tape. Drug stores also sell adhesive tape used for wrapping sports injuries.
The old school way was to use pieces of leather glued to the inside of the grip area, trimmed to shape. This approach can actually look really good, too.
Personally, I like soft padding that conforms a bit more than I like wood putty, etc. Your hand changes shape and "feel" with temperature, stress, fatigue, blood sugar levels, etc. A little bit of soft padding in the grip area can be both comfortable and forgiving.
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

Have you tried using a glove on your shooting hand? You could try different materials and thicknesses. Use a glove smaller than your hand size and cut out the fingers so it stays tight to your hand.

Just a thought.