Tec Hro Stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kbean

Tec Hro Stock

Post by kbean »

Any opinions on the tec hro stock? We have a 1903 junior that I was thinking of putting into one, but wanted to see if anyone had experience/opinions on them.
Thanks!
Tim S

Re: Tec Hro Stock

Post by Tim S »

A clubmate has had one for a couple of years, that I helped him set up. On the whole it's a nice piece of kit, but I had a few small gripes: the supplied screws for the buttplate and cheekpiece were stainless and quite soft; the joint between the butt and main chassis was not flush, and wobbled slightly; the small bedding screws was very hard to remove - bedding screws are very simillar to a KK300, two 4mm hex head, and one 3mm. None were deal breakers, and were either fixed or accepted. Most importantly, the owner likes it.

I wasn't aware Tec-Hro made a Match 64 adaptor. The Fanatic would be a big step up from the 1903Jr in terms of adjustment, and would give the option to fit an adult-size barrel/action in the future.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SRay53txtn

Post by SRay53txtn »

I'm an older smallbore competitor and recently purchased one. have my KK500 mounted in it. It seems to fit me well and has plenty of adaptability. I'll take any pics and answer any questions you may have. Helped my scores improve as well.
snarrow

Post by snarrow »

SRay53txtn wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:57 am ... and answer any questions you may have. Helped my scores improve as well.
If you remove the buttstock - what is the remaining overall length from the muzzle (tube) to the end of the chassis?
SRay53txtn

Post by SRay53txtn »

I can check on Sunday when I get it back from testing.