Pardini SP BE Keyholed at 50'

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gravy

Pardini SP BE Keyholed at 50'

Post by Gravy »

Anyone ever experience keyholing at 50' with a Pardini SP BE? Durning the indoor Winter League last evening with my Pardini SP BE 5", all 10 slow fire shots were in the black and on call except for one which keyholed ~ 4+" low. The other 50 shots were all on call. I bought the gun new in 2018, clean it after most shoots with 2 patches - one wet with Hopps #9 and then one dry. I started last evening with a clean gun. I was using CCI 22lr standard and did not experience any audible or felt differences with one exception (one shot felt a bit hot) which was odd. I can't confirm that it was the off-call shot. I have done quite a lot of chrono testing for ammo velocity consistency and grouping at 50 yrds from a Ransom Rest. CCI is very consistent and groups almost as good as Eley Pistol 10x and Lapua Midas. It has allowed me to obtain NRA Expert classification and I am tickling Master. But, this keyholing has me a bit puzzled. Perhaps the bullet was damaged (I did drop one onto the concrete floor; but, I cleaned it off and checked it out and it looked fine). I have ~15k rounds of CCI through this pistol and have never seen this before. Perhaps I need to spend a bit more time cleaning the bore as discussed here http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... 63#p260663.

Thanks for your insight and experience.

Merry Christmas All,

mark
Gwhite

Re: Pardini SP BE Keyholed at 50'

Post by Gwhite »

My experience with CCI is that the occasional bad round will show up, but it's usually lack of priming compound, which wouldn't get caught by a visible inspection. I forget what brand of ammo it was, but I've also seen a badly deformed round or two that somehow made it through quality control.

If it only happened once, I would chalk it up to a bad round and not stress out over it. If it happens again, then there's something fishy going on.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I worked on a fellow shooters Pardini SP barrel that would not shoot.

The bore scope revealed lead fouling in the barrel.

A couple of hours with the Outers Foul Out removed a lot of Lead.

Testing after cleaning at 50 yards with TENEX produced 3/4" ten shot groups.

Alternately, I just finished crowning a 32 barrel that shot 8-ring at 50 yards. There was damage to the muzzle end. A following test with the same ammo produced 20 shot groups under 2" at 50 yards.

Cheers,

Dave
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

FC60 - Nice to hear from you Dave. Always appreciate your insight. The crown on this gun is fine. And, it was holding X-Ring at 50 yards this fall with TenX and Midas from a RR. CCI std was all but one of the 10 shots in the X-Ring. I am chalking this keyhole up to a bad CCI round. BTW, I have one of your rebarreled Pardini HPs in a 32 S&W L. Man, this gun shoots and is the most enjoyable pistol I have ever shot. Albeit, I did months of troubleshooting (posting in the works) to revive it. Your and other's posts about the 32 learned me up on this pistol as i spent almost as much for the fx120 i scale and other things to cater to the load as i did for the gun, bullets, dies, ... I still need to get the proper sized expander (+0.015 larger than I currently have) and then I will be good to go. I have good results from Lapua in Lapua, Meister in Lapua and H&N in Lapua - discussion to also be included in the post.

Thanks for all you contribute to the sport.

mark
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

GWhite - thanks for your experience and i agree with you.

mark
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

i;ve seen a keyhole from a pardini sp at 25m. with RWS pistol match.
there are bad apples in any ammo brands
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9