Walther LG400 Modifications

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

1Angeldad

Walther LG400 Modifications

Post by 1Angeldad »

I have read of several Walther rifles being being modified to use Anschutz parts.

I am particularly interested in using the Anschutz cheek piece, as it is much more comfortable.

I also would like to find a source for a larger grip, as the left handed model only comes with a medium grip.

Appreciate the assistance.
aalbert

Re: Walther LG400 Modifications

Post by aalbert »

To attach the Precise cheekpiece, you would need a machinist or gunsmith to measure the factory Precise stock "tracks" that the cheekpiece rides in... From there replicate that in metal, having the center slot of that track line up with the Walther factory cheekpiece screw to act as a retainer for the cheekpiece. The track piece would then need to be attached to the stock (typically drill and tap the the stock to receive a set of screws from the adapter piece).

Personally, if I were to do something like that, I would do it with the G&E cheekpiece, as the mechanism is far more adjustable.

Looking at the European parts sites, I see that Walther and MEC have different size grips for lefties - might want to reach out to your favorite parts supplier, or Oberle.