Hammerli 150 Trigger Weight Adjustment Screw Spring

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shiloh

Hammerli 150 Trigger Weight Adjustment Screw Spring

Post by Shiloh »

Any ideas or suggestions regarding what size/type of spring would work to increase the trigger weight?

I would like to increase the weight a wee bit over that allowed with the stock spring. The manual discusses installing a stronger spring but doesn't provide specifics and parts availability is long gone.

My 150 has a Type 3 (latest) trigger mechanism if that matters.

Thanks
brent375hh

Re: Hammerli 150 Trigger Weight Adjustment Screw Spring

Post by brent375hh »

If you measure the coil diameter and wire size, you should be able to source similar items from McMaster Carr or other suppliers. I assume you are talking about pn 40438?
Shiloh

Post by Shiloh »

No pin.

What I would like to have is part 41442 (Trigger Spring Strong) to replace part 41441 (Trigger Spring) that is behind part 41440 (Trigger Spring Screw).
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Shiloh wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:38 pm No pin.

What I would like to have is part 41442 (Trigger Spring Strong) to replace part 41441 (Trigger Spring) that is behind part 41440 (Trigger Spring Screw).
Try calling Neal Stepp at International Shooters Service. There is also a remote chance that Red Feather Outfitters has the spring in the collection of Hammerli parts from Larry Carter's estate.
Shiloh

Post by Shiloh »

Thanks - will do.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Shiloh wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:38 pm No pin.

[/quote/]
Sorry, mine must be a different generation than yours.
On mine PN (part number, not Pin) 40438 is the spring that controls trigger weight.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221207-200037.png
Shiloh

Post by Shiloh »

We do have different versions. Mine doesn't have some of the parts in the diagram that you included in your post.

I think the manual lists various parts for more than one trigger assembly type. Apparently, pistol serial numbers help indicate which type was installed. My 150 is one of the last produced and the diagram for mine is different with the part numbers that I listed earlier.

It seems that there were 3 versions of the trigger throughout production with yet another that made minor changes to the 3rd in some pistols at the end of production.

From what I have been able to understand from various sources, each version was a change over the previous, particularly in adjustment and fine tuning.

That was why I initially mentioned that mine was a type 3.

Have sent an email to ISS and Red Feather. I didn't realize ISS sold Hammerli parts. He was a source for some parts for my MatchGuns MG-2 and FWB AW93.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Does your look like this?
Attachments
IMG_20221207_212829827~2.jpg
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Shiloh wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 pm <snip>
Have sent an email to ISS and Red Feather. I didn't realize ISS sold Hammerli parts. He was a source for some parts for my MatchGuns MG-2 and FWB AW93.
Neal is a bit old fashioned, and I generally find it more efficient to give him a phone call. If I have a long list of part numbers, I email him that, and then call to make sure he sees it.
Shiloh

Post by Shiloh »

Brent357hh - Yes, it appears to be.

GWhite - Been there, done that.

Neal knows his business. When the extractor broke on my MG-2, I asked Stefano at MatchGuns to send a new one. It didn't fit because of an upgrade in production. He then sent the correct extractor.

While waiting, called Neal and he asked me to send a picture. I did and he then sent the proper extractor. I think he still has a decent inventory of early MG-2 parts from when he took the MG business over from Nygord.

I now have a MG-2 EVO Rapid Fire. Stefano is gone and Neal's inventory doesn't support it. However, Kang has been outstanding in support for the MG-2 EVO RF.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I've got 3 MG-2's to deal with, and keeping up with Morini's design changes is a challenge. One pistol is for my wife, I've got one of the same vintage as hers, plus a newer one. They are all different, and Kang has helped me upgrade my first one several times, and replace a cracked slide on my wife's. Other than the slide, hers has almost been flawless. My first one was a train wreck, but I eventually had it all working well until my slide cracked. The newest one has never jammed, but is more sensitive to fouling than the early ones.

They are a dream to shoot, but I hope they can finally get ALL the bugs out and ship a stable design.
Shiloh

Post by Shiloh »

"They are a dream to shoot, but I hope they can finally get ALL the bugs out and ship a stable design."

Agree that they are great to shoot, but I wonder if they can be and will be successful long term. When introduced, they were something of a novelty and apparently not ready for production given all the problems that followed. Their reputation greatly suffered as a result.

My 1st MG-2 had an extractor and a hammer spring break. The MG-2 EVO RF also had a hammer spring break and Kang sent a new spring. Extraction was an issue and Kang sent a new complete slide, The cross pin that holds the disconnector broke and Kang sent a new pin. Each was aggravating but quickly and easily resolved.

Initially when Nygord imported them, as a gunsmith, he could fix most problems as they arose. I don't believe Neal is a gunsmith and he quit dealing with them because of the numerous instances of having to send them back to Italy. Stefano at MatchGuns was great for support and assistance, but he is gone. Now that Kang is importing them, with Jon as gunsmith support, we have an ideal support mechanism in place again in the states.

MatchGuns is not unique with production issues and problems. My experience with the Walther GSP 22 & 32, FWB AW93, Pardini SP & HP, and Benelli MP-90 is similar but with much fewer problems. Fortunately, I have not had some of the very serious as you experienced with a MG-2 slide cracking. That also occurred with some 208S's and GSP's. All have had design changes through the years. Matching a Pardini SP & HP conversions for both 22 and 32 for certain production years can be a challenge.