Curved or Flat Trigger Blade?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Curved or Flat Trigger Blade?

Post by B Lafferty »

I've only used curved trigger blades with air pistol. I'm considering a TEC-HRO Touch Trigger or a Walther Expert trigger blade for my AP-20. Can someone please explain the advantages/disadvantages to having a flat or curved trigger blade. Thanks.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
lyoke3

Re: Curved or Flat Trigger Blade?

Post by lyoke3 »

I have used way more trigger blades and types than I care to share. At the end of the day it comes down to the consistency and fit for your finger. The curved blades are great when the fit the size of the pad of your finger. They can be uncomfortable if your finger pad is to big for the curve. The flat blades, I have found, need some kind of notch as an indicator as your finger pad may wander a bit higher or lower. The curved blades are easy to find the middle and keep it consistent.

There is quite a bit of leniency in AP as long as things are kept as consistent as possible. I am sure there is some science to the different blade styles but consistency in the placement and pull will trump that.

The current Pardini, Steyr, Morini and Walther air pistols are flat-ish. Some have a little bit of a curve. I believe this is more to accommodate pad sizing. I don't know what solution you are looking for but that would be a start in identifying the type of blade you need. My original AP20 blade was a great start and very adjustable to find the right consistency. I use a custom blade on the Pardini as the factory one was a bit to thin for my finger.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
madmax

Post by madmax »

I have used the Tek-Hro blade on my Morini 163EI and Morini CM22RF. With both, I found I had to concentrate a bit more on finger placement. They have a rubber ring which helps with the consistency of placement, but overall I found the emphasis on finger placement to be a distraction. I went back to using the original curved blade on both pistols.

Max.
william

Post by william »

Q: Curved or flat trigger blade?
A: Yes.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

What I like best about the -almost flat- Lottes trigger blades is the groove in the middle of the blade, designed to accept the testing weights. That groove can be felt during triggering which helps create a repeatable position.

Curved/dished triggers allow for shorter reach (shorter fingers, smaller hands).

Best regards,
m1963
Rover

Post by Rover »

william wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:07 pm Q: Curved or flat trigger blade?
A: Yes.
You nailed it again, Willie.
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

I use both, depending on pistol and what trigger.
On my Evo10, I use the Lottes Putter, which is kind of flat in the vertical plane, but the face is rounded with deep vertical serrations and the aforementioned weight groove. A very repeatable position for my finger on that trigger.

I use Videcki/Grendel on my 1911s and Dlask on Gold Cups. They fit my finger well for repeatable positions. I have a couple o-rings on the relatively smooth-faced trigger on my Nygord Pardini SP. They provide me consistent position for my finger.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

I do like the curved trigger blade on my AP-20. However, there are only two mounting holes through which that blade can be mounted and I need to have this blade mounted halfway between the two hole positions. The Walther Vario likely won't work for me due to the length and slight curve of my longish trigger finger. The "infinite" adjustments available with the Walther Expert and the TEC-HRO would be welcome.

Thank you to all for your replies with the exception of William and Rover's typical inanity.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh