Home Electronic Scoring Systems 2022

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

F/V Icy Swan

Home Electronic Scoring Systems 2022

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

I had a cobbled together outfit in my old home before I moved last year that broadcast the Target on a TV and then I used TargetScan to score. I won’t be able to do that in the place we currently live and I would like to get a “real” electronic scoring system that would display shots on a laptop or other device and also score . This would be for 10m Airgun only, both pistol and rifle. We also travel in the winter in a 5th wheel and it would be nice if it could also work at 5M but that is not critical.

I did a search and there is a great thread from 2019 on this but there have been changes such as it doesn’t appear Inland sells in the US anymore, I can’t find the CMP product, and I don’t know the current status of FreETarget.

So, in late 2022, does anyone have a current recommendation for a single lane 10m system that is simple and reliable? I am not a computer guru ( I still use a fountain pen) and just want something that works.

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Mike
lyoke3

Re: Home Electronic Scoring Systems 2022

Post by lyoke3 »

The Free-E-Target is alive and well. It will probably be the most affordable solution. There is a kit you can purchase and set-up the target. It takes a little more set-up but the team there is extremely helpful. I believe you can shoot scaled targets in this system as well (easier than other systems). https://free-e-target.com/

I have a SIUS HS10. It is not cheap but pretty much plug-and-play. We use these at my club as well and they work great.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
m1963

Post by m1963 »

For plug and play the SIUS HS-10 seems to be the least expensive option available in the US, now. It is very reliable and easy to use.

Inband may be less expensive, with the current exchange rate. They will ship to the US. We have not looked into that option. https://inband.fi/ (Note- InBand left the US market in 2022.)

As you are in Alaska, shipping may be about the same whether from the east coast of the US (SIUS), or from Finland (Inband)....both locations being about 3600 miles from Fairbanks.

As lyoke3 pointed out, the freEtarget package seems like a great alternative, if you have a little computer knowledge.
Dmaryakh

Post by Dmaryakh »

The best option for you is an SQ10 since as you pointed out - you may not have 10m and need this properly scaled. Without any consumables - It is the best total cost of ownership out of all others in the market. Everything you need to get to the shooting part is a single power outlet for the target itself - everything else is build-in or included in a box (router, tablet)

Extremely reliable, the best/most intuitive user interface for control unit, unique features (specialty training targets, contracts, training games)

Right now these are on sale 300$ off and free shopping at SportShootingDepot - https://sportshootingdepot.com/product/sq10-silver/
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

Thanks, all. I am diving deeper intonthis than I thought and I am considering all the input. I still am not sure which way to go, but I get it sorted in the next month or so. I am in the Lower 48 until then but hope to have a system shipped to Alaska and waiting for me when I return.

Mike