10 meter air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Redfeather

10 meter air rifle

Post by Redfeather »

I know this is a loaded question about 10 meter air rifles but here goes.
We'll use a FWB P700 for example. With a fully charged air cylinder , how many shots could I expect to get from the full charge before it would fall off the regulator....? I'm assuming close to 200 - 250...?

I have an opportunity to get one for a fair price . I already have an inexpensive compressor / filter for charging from a pcp hunting rifle I no longer own.
I'm not a competitor and o ly like the self satisfaction of shooting against myself and a couple friends . We have a mini Snipe range in my remote backyard and one over in a friends old barn hayloft for winter shooting.
I have been pondering a pcp target rifle or a ssp such as fwb 600 series but would prefer pcp as I wouldnt have to dismount the bags each time to charge the rifle. The pcp would also offer an advantage for sitting and prone shots I'm my opinion.

Just looking for some opinions please.
Richard144

Re: 10 meter air rifle

Post by Richard144 »

I think your assumption is correct. I do not have an FWB but i shoot an Anschutz 8002 in my basement most days. If that gun is a 10 meter, 6 ftlb gun you should get 200+ shots with no problem. I don't shoot many shots at a time but my cylinder lasts for weeks. I also have some 12 ftlb guns I use for field target and I get 70-80 shots per fill with no problem. When you get into the higher powered PCPs (say 20 ftlb and over) then shot count goes way down.

Rick B.