Who does scope modifications?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

1845greyhounds

Who does scope modifications?

Post by 1845greyhounds »

Who currently does custom work on scopes (optical sights with reticles)? I'm asking this question generically in hopes of a generating a list across scope manufacturers. Personally, I have a Leupold that needs some work...
40xguy

Re: Who does scope modifications?

Post by 40xguy »

Leupold does work on their own scopes. There are a number of people-companies who work on scopes but the problem is amount of time involved and quality of work that is done. Lots of people will tell you that their "turn-around time" will be a few weeks or months only to end up being years or never..... (ask me how I know this) My experience (about four or five years ago) with Leupold was excellent in both turn-around time and communications. Also: Optical Services Co. in Santa Theresa NM used to do good work (about five years ago) but I can't vouch for them today. FYI: part of today's problem is the lack of availability of parts for many of the older scopes.
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Definitely give Leupold a call. They are very responsive and they totally stand by their guarantee if that's needed.
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

Call Cheryl Ackerman at Optical Service Co. (915)740-4290 cheryl@targetshooteroptics.com
www.targetshooteroptics.com
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

Parsons scope repair.
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

Thanks for the responses.

I have a 40x45 Leupold Competition scope that I used years ago for Field Target. It was setup to focus from 9 - 60ish yards. Now I want to get the focus setup for 9 - 110 ish yards for indoor/outdoor SB prone and maybe some airgun... Setting it up for a shorter focus range than OEM will give me more parallax resolution when I change distances.

I called Leupold and was told that resetting the focus range, even to factory standards, was something their Custom Shop would do. However they're Custom Shop is closed until Leupold catches up on excess orders that started piling up during the pandemic.

I also contacted Cheryl at Optical Services Co. This project is a little outside the box, but she agreed to evaluate it. I don't have much to loose, so it's going out soon.