MatchGuns mgh1 adapter

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jchurch

MatchGuns mgh1 adapter

Post by Jchurch »

Does anyone know the thread size for the fill adapter for the mgh1? Do any other brands interchange? I currently have mine on loan so can't measure it. Thanks in advance.

Jim
trev

Re: MatchGuns mgh1 adapter

Post by trev »

Hi Jim
I have just measured my MGH1 adaptor the OD of the thread and pitch seems to fit more to imperial sizes and thread pitch so here are my measurements
imperial .900 OD of an inch and 14 threads per inch
Metric 22.84 OD and 1.75 TPI but 14tpi is a better fit when checked with thread gauges
The thread on the cylinder is 14mm OD and 1.5mm pitch

I hope these measurements help.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

trev wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:14 am imperial .900 OD of an inch and 14 threads per inch
That is spot-on a 5/8" BSPP measurement. BSPP is a standard choice worldwide for this type of fitting, regardless of whether a region otherwise uses metric.

Note, while the threads are 14tpi, they are 55 degree (Whitworth) thread angle. Do NOT attempt to screw a standard 60 degree threaded part on it.
Jchurch

Post by Jchurch »

Guys, thanks. Could you help with the nose of the tank end? I` m trying to order a new adapter from best fitting and they are asking since they do not list them.

Appreciate the assist. I may just have to wait until I can get back home and measure it.

Jim
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Unless the MGH1 cylinders will work up to 300 Bar, it's probably a 200 Bar DIN that screws into the SCUBA tank. That's what the vast majority of modern air pistols use. The 200 Bar fittings have 5 threads, and the 300 Bar ones have 7 threads.

The thread that goes on the pistol cylinder end is completely arbitrary, and varies wildly from one manufacturer to another.
trev

Post by trev »

The cylinders work on 200 Bar.