Pardini SP or Hammerli 280

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Robert-PA

Pardini SP or Hammerli 280

Post by Robert-PA »

Looking at both of these, currently own a ruger mkII competition slab side. Im new to bullseye shooting and looking to upgrade my current gun. Ive heard alot of how great the trigger is on the hammerli 280 but concerned that its long been out of production with parts hard to come by and also that some had experienced cracking around the mag well or forward of the ejection port. I dont know why im attracted to this gun because i hear the 280 wasnt popular among the bullseye crowd and many say there are better options. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated and heres the gun i was looking at.
[url][/url https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940981543]
JamesH

Re: Pardini SP or Hammerli 280

Post by JamesH »

The Pardini and Hammerli largely differ in the grip angle which is radically different.

Personally I wouldn't spend that much on a 280.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I rather enjoy shooting the 280.

Sadly, parts have all but dried up.

You have a better chance for parts/support with the Pardini. However, Pardini does not support the older models any more.

Cheers,

Dave
6string

Post by 6string »

I clicked your link, thinking I'd see a used 280 reasonably priced around $800.
I wouldn't spend $2500 on a used Hammerli 280 on gunbroker. Tack on the sales tax, shipping, transfer fee, and GB's new "compliance fee" of 1% (a factor with expensive guns), and it gets pretty expensive.
OK, so it comes with the 32 set-up as well. That just means the polymer is more likely to have been stressed to the failure point than had it been shot only with .22. (I've seen a couple that have failed quite spectacularly!)
Plus, it's an online purchase, so you can't really give it a thorough going over.

For the money, this puts you really close to the Pardini brand new.
Pardini makes a very nice gun. But, as Dave said, they don't support older models anymore. That's rather irksome, as for years Pardini Italy boasted that they maintain parts and support for every gun they ever made, including their original PGP75 free pistol.
robjob

Post by robjob »

Why not a walther GSP? Or why not wait until the walther GSP500 becomes available? I like the "old" gsp better than the pardini. Less money, less picky, less breaky. Hopefully the 500 shares these features...
Robert-PA

Post by Robert-PA »

Alot of good points, i think im gonna pass not only because of it being overpriced but i think i would have a problematic pistol years down the road if not sooner. Dont like the idea you cant source parts so thats a deal breaker right there. I think im gonna wait till camp perry and stroll down vendors row to the champions choice booth and check out how the pardini feels in my hand.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

The Walther I had was totally reliable with all brands of ammo. However, with time I grew fond of the lighter weight and grip angle of the Pardini SP which shot well with Wolf and SKJagd ammo.
Orion

Post by Orion »

I don’t like the recoil on the 280, it comes straight back. Thinking this is more of a rapid fire gun that bullseye pistol. I like the 208 much better!