KK500

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Martin Catley

KK500

Post by Martin Catley »

I am purchasing a KK500, can anyone who has set one up give any general advice. I am liiking at torque on the bedding bolts, how do you find the suplied sight set? I will probably put a Centra adjustable fore sight on it.
Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.
Martin
analretentive

Re: KK500

Post by analretentive »

Martin,

The action screw torque is 3.5 nm, or 31 inch pounds. I could not find that in the manual; I got it from Walther via email. I can't help with the sights; I use a scope. It's a wonderful rifle. Good luck.

Gerry
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

Thank you,agree about the rifle.
Rednook368

Post by Rednook368 »

My son shoots a KK500. I’m gathering the rifle came without sights? I can’t speak to the original front sight. We replaced it with a Centra duo-vario. The original rear sight is a (Centra?) Insight Out. We replaced it with a Centra 10-50. It has a lot more clicks and works great indoors and out. All of the regular attachments work with the 10-50. You cannot put a sun shade on the Insight Out. I hear the Anschutz 7000 series are pretty good sights, but we haven’t tried firsthand. The Centra Spy is a nice sight which we have on his air rifle. We were told that it has windage limitations outdoors, but do not know firsthand. It’s a great rifle. Good Luck!