Krale

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pthatcher

Krale

Post by pthatcher »

Has anyone ever purchased a SB rifle or done other business with Krale in The Netherlands? I came across them while taking a look on the internet at prices of the FWB 2800. Their price is considerably lower than any other distributor. Actually, price differential makes me a little bit nervous. I emailed them and they responded very quickly and it appears that they have a system to import to the US in place. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Shakeyaim

Re: Krale

Post by Shakeyaim »

I'm in Europe so I don't have any import restrictions to worry about so not in your situation. However I have purchased online from Krale on about 5 or 6 occasions without any trouble. They're a reputable retailer so you've nothing to worry about from that perspective.
bberg7794

Post by bberg7794 »

I purchased an air rifle from them over a year ago. The transaction was flawless and they shipped very quickly. My credit card required assurance that I requested this transaction, but beyond that-perfect.

I can't comment regarding importing a smallbore rifle.
j-team

Post by j-team »

I've bought a number of airguns from them, they sent them to New Zealand no problems. The shipping prices were very good as was the service.
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

I've bought a number of airguns from them, they sent them to The United States no problems. The shipping prices were very good as was the service.

:)
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

I agree, I have also purchased several air pistols from Krale, shipped to the United States, which were shipped quickly, I highly recommend Krale assuming their price is more advantageous.
madmax

Post by madmax »

Hi, another positive comment about Krale.

I ordered an item from a local supplier. With no action or reply I sent an email requesting delivery details. Was told they would get back to me. Waited another week and made the request again. Was told their supplier hadn't replied.
I cancelled the order and contacted Krale.
Order placed on the 7th of October.
Order packed and dispatched on the 7th of October.
Order delivered 11th of October - in Sydney, Australia!!!

I sent them an email expressing my pleasure and satisfaction.
They acknowledged my email almost immediately.

2 points - great service, and great customer service.

Max.
jcerne

Post by jcerne »

This is something that I've been thinking about for quite a while, so I'm glad that pthatcher made this post. I've heard great things about Krale shipping airguns (I also had an FWB 300 shipped to me from a private seller in Holland), but getting a firearm shipped to the US is much more complicated and expensive. I've never tried it, but found this video to be pretty informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApdOogHi_k

You have an import license fee (~$200), customs broker fee (~$500), and a customs duty (3.5%), in addition to the shipping fee. I've seen estimates of around $700-1200 to import a firearm, so it's probably not worth it unless it's a firearm that isn't available in the US.

This is just what I have found on the internet. I'm very curious if pthatcher went through with the purchase and how it went. Please let us know!

Thanks,
John
pthatcher

Post by pthatcher »

John - thanks for your post. All along I have had the nagging sense that importing a rifle into the US from Europe wasn't quite as easy as advertised. The very complimentary posts regarding Krale customer service are no doubt true, but they are all from purchasers of air guns, a completely different legal animal than a rimfire rifle. I spoke at some length today with my FFL, a man with a few decades of experience. He laid out to me what exactly would be required to import the rifle; just as John very accurately noted, it is very complicated, lengthy, and expensive. Don't think I will proceed with the purchase but I appreciate all who weighed in, thanks.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I knew the owner and he was a good man. But it seems like he no longer owns that company; because the sales refused to ship certain things for me, something which he will always do. I got my Walther LG400E from him. We even did some deals for antiques.