Feinwerkbau 2602 universal

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

shooter27

Feinwerkbau 2602 universal

Post by shooter27 »

Hi I got this rifle model last year and I'm having planning to start shooting smallbore 3p, this particular model have a short and heavy barrel with a long feinwerkbau tube extension(2602), everything is fine when shooting on a rifle bench rest but as soon I start with the standing position or kneeling the rifle is just too heavy for me, I've thinking of replacing the long and heavy feinwerkbau tube extension with a lightweight bloop tube or sight extension, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tim S

Re: Feinwerkbau 2602 universal

Post by Tim S »

If you want a lightweight bloop tube look at the BeeSting and Starik carbon; both are made of carbon fibre, and lighter than alu. The factory tube is 35cm, and would weigh perhaps 350 grammes; so you'd save perhaps 100-150g with a carbon fibre tube.

I would ask are you particularly small, or have you have a disability/injury that makes you susceptible to weight? I ask because the Universal model isn't a very heavy rifle, compared to other .22 target rifles. An old FWB catalogue lists the weight at 4.98 kg, compared to 5.18kg for the regular 67cm barrel. The weight would be further back too, as even the alu tube would be lighter than a full length (26in-28in barrel).

Too much weight can certainly be bad, but it's worth checking that it's not an issue with your position. If you haven't bought a jacket yet, that might help more than a lightweight carbon fibre bloop tube.
shooter27

Post by shooter27 »

https://www.gunsamerica.com/996017154/F ... 28-BBL.htm

Hi Tim and thanks for your reply, this is the actually the link of that rifle, short and thick barrel with a long extension tube, I have not measured the barrel length yet, I'm 5ft8 with an slim athletic build and in good health with no prior injuries, I'm thinking of getting a jacket soon but going to the range and not be able to practice normally due to the weight is lil bit frustrating, maybe I need to spend more time dry firing just to get used to the weight.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Hi,

The catalogue list for the short barrel was 425mm, or 16.7in. That's really short, hence the long bloop tube to restore the sight radius. The short barrel reduces weight, but also brings the point of balance back towards the shooter.

Modern shooting jackets have developed partly as a response to heavy rifles, and are fundamental to modern techniques. Some shooters spend some time training without a jacket, but the jacket is there to protect the shooter in part. In the sling positions (Prone and Kneeling), the jacket helps to support the sling, distributing the weight of the rifle across your upper body, so it's not just on the sling arm. If weight is a concern, make sure it's not just a lack of familiarity and technique.
Kewton

Post by Kewton »

I have a like new Starik tube / tuner if your interested was on my daughter gun for maybe 200 rounds before we went a different direction.