Shooting Glasses Help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GolfShot

Shooting Glasses Help

Post by GolfShot »

I have just visited my local optometrist and received my prescription. However im unsure what to to ask to have the extra .5 diopter applied to as .5 seems to be the common consensus on this forum. Im going to be using an monocle on my rear sight if that makes any difference.

Also does anybody have any experience with using stronger than .5?

See attached my prescription.

Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 4.19.00 pm.jpg
Tim S

Re: Shooting Glasses Help

Post by Tim S »

You could call to ask. From my understanding the Sphere +.25 is your distance correction. Add the +.5 for shooting focal length here. Cylinder, is cylindrical correction, usually astigmatism.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Tim is correct.
+0.25 is the part of your prescription that you increase by +0.5 to pull your focus back towards the front sight.

Your astigmatism (Cyl) is -2.50, at an angle of 176 degrees. Normally this doesn't change for a shooting lens.
Normally PD is the distance between your pupils, looks like they have quoted the half distance of 30mm.

Your shooting lens prescription will be +0.75/-2.50 x 176
Cheers Martin
GolfShot

Post by GolfShot »

Martin H wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:57 pm Tim is correct.
+0.25 is the part of your prescription that you increase by +0.5 to pull your focus back towards the front sight.

Your astigmatism (Cyl) is -2.50, at an angle of 176 degrees. Normally this doesn't change for a shooting lens.
Normally PD is the distance between your pupils, looks like they have quoted the half distance of 30mm.

Your shooting lens prescription will be +0.75/-2.50 x 176
Cheers Martin

Thank you for the detailed response Martin H.