Walther LGR bipod?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pellet Pete

Walther LGR bipod?

Post by Pellet Pete »

Hello everyone!
First post here so go easy on me if I’m asking a stupid question. I’ve had several air rifles over the years and have been going through the process of de-cluttering and streamlining my collection. I have a PCP - Brocock Sniper XR, a springer - fully tuned HW97K and I’ve just acquired my first designated 10m target rifle - Walther LGR Match.
The LGR is in very good condition and was clearly looked after by its previous owner/s and I’d like to keep it that way.
Now here’s the question - is there a small bipod available anywhere (preferably in the UK) that would fit the rail?
I know the rail is designed for a sling attachment but I don’t like leaving the rifle on its side on the bench so was wondering if there is anything that would fit? I’ve tried searching online but not found much.
I think the rail is 12mm but can’t locate my callipers to confirm.
Thanks for reading
Pete
Tim S

Re: Walther LGR bipod?

Post by Tim S »

Pete,

https://www.edinkillie.co.uk/evans/ese- ... p-219.html

The NSRA shop, Intershoot, and others would also sell you one. Many, if not most clubs, will have spares.

Older Walthers often had a true dovetail rather than an Anschutz style t-slot, but should standard accessories should fit.
Last edited by Tim S on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellet Pete

Re: Walther LGR bipod?

Post by Pellet Pete »

Thanks @Tim S,
I’ll have a look. That’s the one I ordered but it doesn’t fit the rail. I might have a go at grinding it to fit if I can’t find an alternative. Don’t think I’ll need to move too much metal.