Crosman Challenger bolt moving on shot

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

kbean

Crosman Challenger bolt moving on shot

Post by kbean »

I was watching a youth shoot today and noticed the bolt on one of the challengers jumping back on each shot
It looked like the shooter was fully closing and there was an audible click on close. The coach seemed fine with it, but I didn’t get a chance to ask about it. Is there some issue that would cause this to happen?
Last edited by kbean on Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperIIFT

Re: Crosman Challenger bolt moving on shot

Post by SuperIIFT »

Could you specify what model Challenger you were looking at
My 2021 challenger has a side lever to cock so there is no chance of a rearward movement
Dennis B
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

One of our local Scout camps got a number of Challengers a couple years ago and I helped sight them in. Multiple rifles of that group did this if the bolt was not closed all the way -- but it was difficult to tell whether it was or not. It turned me off to the rifle -- I don't know whether it's possible to create an unsafe condition, but I don't want a rifle that can fire without the bolt being properly locked.

marky-d
kbean

Post by kbean »

Thanks for the replies, maybe it just wasn't being close all the way. It's good to know this from others' experiences, and it will be something for me to look out for with our Challenger.