Like Other Forums

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Frank in Fairfield

Like Other Forums

Post by Frank in Fairfield »

People post a question, asking help with an issue or where they can find…
When you respond to them they do not respond at all.
Not a thank you, screw off, kiss my ass.
Nothing.
Where were these people raised?
Worthless!
Tim S

Re: Like Other Forums

Post by Tim S »

Frank,

If you're referring to your post on the 300S, if you check the OP's user profile, you'll see they were last on the board ten minutes before you posted. I suspect suspect this is why they have not yet responded. Many new members post a question here, but don't check in frequently thereafter. Yes, this annoying if you have taken the time to answer, but it's the Internet, and random strangers; you don't always get a fulsome thank you.

Might I also suggest that writing in paragraphs rather than what are effectively bullet points might also make your posts seem less terse, and more friendly, which is more likely to elicit a thank you.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Frank in Fairfield wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:29 am . . . they do not respond at all.
Not a thank you, screw off, kiss my ass.
Nothing.
Okay: "Piss off - ya wanker!"

Hope this helps.
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

Some forums also discourage (or at least mods use it to narrow in on certain behaviors) post count bumping by having folks constantly say

nice, thanks, agreed, great ...

It's the internet - post the knowledge that you can, and hopefully one person benefits from it today, and over the years search engines giving other folks who wanted to know the same thing an answer down the road.

Andy ( sturmgewehr.com , machinegunboards.com , uzitalk.com , biggerhammer.net )