Skanaker Competition Training Method

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USMA82

Skanaker Competition Training Method

Post by USMA82 »

In the 2016 re-issue of Ragnar's book, there's a table on page 155 that appears to represent a stepped-level of difficulty in several areas. For example, # of shots to get an X, # of 10's in 10 shots, etc. There's no explanation of how to apply these levels. Are you supposed to grade all of the elements using a single 10-shot string, treat each element as a separate exercise? Any clarity o suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
elbthesurfer

Re: Skanaker Competition Training Method

Post by elbthesurfer »

The way I read the table is that there are 8 separate exercises and you would get a score from 1 to 10 on each exercise depending on how you did.

For example # of shots to get an X...If I took 8 shoots to get an X, I would collect 3 points for that exercise. So for this exercise I needed an 8-shot string

For # of 10's in 10 shots, this is a 10-shot string and if I got 2 10's from my 10 shots. I would collect 2 points.