SCATT distance

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Th.

Re: SCATT distance

Post by Th. »

I use my scatt mx-2 at 4.5 m at home. I train 10 m air & 50 smallbore.
bennybooboo

Post by bennybooboo »

Th. wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:28 am I use my scatt mx-2 at 4.5 m at home. I train 10 m air & 50 smallbore.
What I have found is that it is important when calibrating the unit that the target is the correct size relative to the actual distance to target.

Also, the numbers on the focus dial of the SCATT unit are not exact reference points, and when aiming in training to adjust the focus dial until a steady trace is seen on your monitor. I train the same way for the same discipline, and my particular focus dial is turned to 6 meters... go figure.
Th.

Post by Th. »

[/quote]

What I have found is that it is important when calibrating the unit that the target is the correct size relative to the actual distance to target.

[/quote]

Correct you can printout the right size with Scatt
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

The Scatt electronically scales the scoring rings relative to the distance, not the printed target size. So, I suggest moving the target closer or farther until it looks correct through your sights. The Scatt will take care of the ring size scaling. If you print a target for 5m, and set it at 5m, it may not look right, especially if you have lenses.

Fwiw, I'm using a Scatt WS1 at 4.4 meters.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

I've shot scatt at two meters without issue. You just have to use the inclination knobs to be aligned somewhere inside the target. You have to bring the front up. Then when you go back to longer distances you may have to use the knobs again to bring the front down.

Remember to change the distance ring too.

For proper height and size of the target you can use my calculator: https://www.olympicpistol.com/target-calculator/
Ramon
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

You can print the appropriately sized target directly from your scatt software.

Go to tools, print target, select your discipline and adjust the distance for your range and it will print the resized target.

Th.

Post by Th. »

A tip from Scatt
Attachments
IMG_0559.jpg
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

Just bought myself a Scatt Basic and plan to practice both air pistol and small bore 25 and 50m.
I have an illuminated target holder for fairly close range (about 3m), but I have a hard time to figure out how Im supposed to measure the exact distance, is it from target to sensor or from target to shooting line?

I am in the process of putting hinges on the light box so that I can swing it open and change out targets easily
Attachments
IMG_5009.jpeg
IMG_5008.jpeg
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
pfiori

Post by pfiori »

You use the distance from the sensor to the target.
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

pfiori wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:01 pm You use the distance from the sensor to the target.
Thank you for the information, that was my guess as it seems logical but I got thrown off as I felt as if the target size was more correct if I placed myself at the printed distance. Must be my mind playing tricks on me.
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3