Crosman Challenger CH2021S Video- How to change side lever from right side to left side

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

CYS97

Crosman Challenger CH2021S Video- How to change side lever from right side to left side

Post by CYS97 »

I received my Challenger 2021 a few weeks ago. The rifle is marketed as being able to be used by both right and left handed shooters. The rifle comes with the side lever set up for a right handed shooter, there are no instructions provided with the rifle (as of May 2022) on how to switch the lever from the right side to the left side.

This is how I performed the side swap on my rifle. Because of how the rifle was marketed, I assumed that the swap could be done with the included parts. On 5-4-22, I was informed that Crosman is actually selling a pre-adjusted left handed bolt, only available for direct purchase from their factory: Product number CH2021-112 "Left Handed Bolt Assembly for CH2021".

Regardless, I was still able to do the side swap with the included parts. Pounding out the dowel pin was very difficult the first time I performed the side swap. I have performed the swap at least three times on this particular rifle so it is a bit easier now and in the video.

As always, modify your guns at your own discretion. I'm not sure if doing this particular task would void your factory warranty, although I assume it would.

-Colby

LINK: https://youtu.be/5uxPOMCKOsw
Last edited by CYS97 on Mon May 16, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBaker

Re: Crosman Challenger CH2021S Video- How to change side lever from right side to left side

Post by GBaker »

Thank you for the info. We got 2 of these rifles this year for our 4H program and plan on getting more in the near future. This will need to be done on some of our guns for the left sided athletes we have as well.
arpcat

Re: Crosman Challenger CH2021S Video- How to change side lever from right side to left side

Post by arpcat »

They are not "easy" to switch back and forth, requires disassembly of the bolt. For $35, Crosman will send you a lefthand bolt that is easy to swap out. We turned 2 around, will not go through that process again.
Dadsbroke

Post by Dadsbroke »

Our 4h club just received a couple of these rifles. There has been a change to the black bar that connects to the bolt handle. Switching to left hand is now as simple as removing an e-clip and pin and flipping the handle over.