Interesting air pistol on Krale's website..

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

Interesting air pistol on Krale's website..

Post by Leon »

Oldnslow

Re: Interesting air pistol on Krale's website..

Post by Oldnslow »

You may find this review of the pistol amusing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6OXAyfkJ-w
j-team

Post by j-team »

Resale value... nil

You would be better off buying a 20 year old Steyr/Morini/Walther/Feinwerkbau.
william

Post by william »

Oldnslow wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm You may find this review of the pistol amusing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6OXAyfkJ-w
Amusing? I, for one, am not amused by idiots. And anybody who buys one of those POSs will quickly join that category.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Im getting in line for one of these. It appears to be a pretty decent piece of kit. The reports on other snowpeak pistols is favorable. I also have shot a gray market FWB 65 of unknown origin, and it was surprisingly good. Its back ordered, and we will see when (if) it shows up and go from there..... It is still cheaper than my Skanaker I picked up on a whim.......
Last edited by spektr on Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

If you trace this company, and GPS this factory.

This is not some flight by night, copy cat, second class shop.

This is the location where chinese military produce their REAL stuff. I think you are getting this Snowpeak stuff, pound for pound, valued well above the asking price.
bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

I saw this a while ago and would say its a rip off / copy / merging of the Walther and Steyr. I'd also agree that secondhand value would be half of what you pay, Vs spending the same amount on either a used Walther or Steyr (or other decent brand 10m) and loosing next to nothing on resale. I had my LP400 for best part of 2 years and sold it for what I bought it for at £800.

Still, your money, your choice as they say.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

I don’t think Snowpeak is an off label copy of Walther. It is an official copy of Walther.

I remember, about 10 years ago?, I read and saw a photo of Walther officials and Snowpeak officials shaking hands and ribbon cutting in front a big factory. Snowpeak was an official copy of Walther for Chinese domestic sport competition consumption. I actually implored my business friend when he is in China, to see if he can get me one of those official Walther Snowpeak production. His connection did not prevail.

So my personal valuation of those Walther Snowpeak products is not as lacking or guarded as previous post.
j-team

Post by j-team »

seamaster wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 pm I don’t think Snowpeak is an off label copy of Walther. It is an official copy of Walther.
Errr... If its a Walther copy they didn't do a very good job as it looks more like a Steyr.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

I would bet it has a Walther barrel, a Walther inner mechanism, and follows Walther working manual.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

seamaster wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:35 am I would bet it has a Walther barrel, a Walther inner mechanism, and follows Walther working manual.
Chinese barrel yes, NOT a LOTHAR Walther barrel...
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

j-team wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:33 am
seamaster wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 pm I don’t think Snowpeak is an off label copy of Walther. It is an official copy of Walther.
Errr... If its a Walther copy they didn't do a very good job as it looks more like a Steyr.
Agreed!