SK Long Range Match

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

40xguy

SK Long Range Match

Post by 40xguy »

Does anyone know anything about "SK Long Range Match" ammo.
I've never heard of it and looking for some feedback.
Thanks.
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
bberg7794

Re: SK Long Range Match

Post by bberg7794 »

I did some ammo testing last weekend with SK Long Range Match and Lapua Midas +. Full disclosure, my bench setup and benchrest skills aren't the best, but....

All groups were 10 shots at 100 yards shot from a bench, with the rifle rested front and rear; groups measured center to center. It was pretty calm, but I did wait out the breeze a number of times. No wind flags, just hearing/feeling the wind on my face. I started with a clean and dry barrel and shot several fouling shots before the first group with both brands.

I shot 9 10-shot groups with the SK Long Range Match, which averaged 1.77 inches for all groups, including flyers. The best group was 1.525 inches.

I shot 8 10-shot groups with the Lapua Midas+, which averaged 1.47 inches for all groups, including flyers. I had one 1.05 inch, two 1.2 inch, and one 1.275 inch groups with no noticeable flyers.

Two of the Midas+ groups had a single flyer that greatly enlarged the group (.805" up to 1.2", 1.15" up to 2.1"). The SK Match had one group with a noticeable single flyer (1.2" up to 1.8"). When compared side by side, the SK groups are noticeably less tight, but I don't think they are that bad. I would also add that there wasn't much difference in vertical distribution of the groups between both brands-most of my flyers were to the side.

And, of course, there is quite a price difference. Hope that helps.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Interesting to point out the difference I see
STD Plus, Rifle Match, Center-X, etc are spec'd at 1073fps
This Long Range Match is at 1099fps.
Th.

Post by Th. »

Besides the R100 RWS comes with an other round for long range
Attachments
C456661F-95D7-498C-9C11-03B607EB41C7.jpeg