Who makes a nice pellet shaker box?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lakiraly

Re: Who makes a nice pellet shaker box?

Post by lakiraly »

Another problem I've always had with all shaker boxes is I spent way to much time individually putting pellets into the holes because the close the lid and shake never really worked for me, I'd say only got 70% of the pellets into the holes. Anyone have a technique that works better?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

lakiraly wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 am Another problem I've always had with all shaker boxes is I spent way to much time individually putting pellets into the holes because the close the lid and shake never really worked for me, I'd say only got 70% of the pellets into the holes. Anyone have a technique that works better?
I don't close the lid. I start with enough pellets to ensure I can fill all the holes and then hold a finger over the section in the lower left where the rim is cut down. I gently shake the pellets around, tilting it to fill in blank spots. I usually end up with half a dozen to a dozen excess pellets, which I can then slide out the lower left corner.
divingin

Post by divingin »

If you know someone who loads centerfire ammo and uses CCI primers, their packaging makes a handy impromptu pellet tray. You do have to load the "cells" by hand, but it keeps them organized on the bench.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

divingin wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:14 pm If you know someone who loads centerfire ammo and uses CCI primers, their packaging makes a handy impromptu pellet tray. You do have to load the "cells" by hand, but it keeps them organized on the bench.
I used primer trays in an old ink pad box when I was poor. I didn't find it as handy as a well made shaker box. I preferred Winchester to CCI in those days.
Whizzzz

Post by Whizzzz »

I had one of these made, helps me keep count.

aacjr

Post by aacjr »

I bought one because others in my league were using them. It was not much good. Pellets got between the 2 shelves, did not rise evenly or high enough to easily pick up. Sent it back for a replacement. Not much better. Researched for a while and determined that all of them available are probably form the same factory. So, I decided to try fixing it. I tried several fixes but the one which worked was to put 4 small springs (one at each corner) under the movable shelf in addition to the existing (too weak) springs and to glue the top shelf down so that it can't shift up. Now it works like a charm. When the bottom shelf is down pellets fall into place correctly and when it is up they are evenly up and easy to pick up. Just have to be careful if I try to raise the bottom shelf by hand. It can pop up too quickly and toss some pellets out of place. Not a problem when opening the box at a normal pace. Hope this helps someone.

Allan