Nice pair of Grips for my S&W 41

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PaulK51

Nice pair of Grips for my S&W 41

Post by PaulK51 »

Andrew Berryhill of Precision Target Pistol Grips made a second grip for my Model 41 that is ISSF legal. it has the same feel as the grip he made for my NRA shooting. Solved my Too many disciplines problem. When I got into Pistol shooting I had no idea how much I would enjoy shooting the International style matches along with the Air pistol and Free Pistol. I thought it would be impossible with my 70 year old eyes but between PTPG and some bionic eye help (single lense front sight focus and an adjustable iris), I'm goods to go. If only hold and execution were as easily fixed!
Attachments
Both grips
Both grips
ISSF Grip
ISSF Grip
NRA Grip
NRA Grip
High Left

Re: Nice pair of Grips for my S&W 41

Post by High Left »

I've got 2 from him. First for my H-150, LH and offset. Fit my hand great, but needed some work to fit the gun. There are several frame variations, apparently. Will eventually send them back as a model for a set with no offset, since I switched eyes as well.

Second is for my AW-93. 1911 style. Neglected to tell him I was shooting left handed, so the cutout for access to the mag release was on the wrong side. But I fixed that pretty easily, and made a couple other mod's to get the mag' in easier, and slim them a bit.

Some might not like the idea of them being 'plastic'. But I've found it much easier to modify than wood. And some glue and sawdust, or some Devcon, fixes up any cuts exposing the infill. And who has the nerve to start carving on a gorgeous set of Nill's anyway?