USAS National Matches in 2022

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TomAmlie

USAS National Matches in 2022

Post by TomAmlie »

Does anyone know whether the 2022 USA Shooting National Matches will be happening this year? I've never been able to go before due to work commitments, and now that I've finally got a little more free time it looks like they were shut down for 2020 and 2021.
jhmartin

Re: USAS National Matches in 2022

Post by jhmartin »

Not wanting to make too much of an excuse, but the National Matches were almost always held at Ft Benning.
Visitor control there was highly regulated at the second part of the Olympic Trials last year --- to the point that it would not have been feasible to hold a "public" event. If their VC measures have not slacked off (a base where I am has not --- gotten even worse), it is silly to think about it.

Confounding the issue is the OTC in Colorado Springs was making it difficult to have any match there needing the OTC range. The NTCSC (club) is now doing their training and matches offsite.

Bottom line (as I've said in the past) USAS needs to get out of Colorado and build their own range/set of ranges that can handle the National Matches.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Thanks for the info. I just assumed it was due to Covid, and that now that everyone's tired of it that things would go back to normal
RyanA

Post by RyanA »

Hot off the presses!:
From USA Shooting's Twitter:
With the reduction in COVID-19 restrictions at the USOPTC, we are excited to invite you all to the following matches at the USOPTC:
-Pistol National Championships, June 3-12
-Rifle National Championships, June 16-26
-National Pistol JO, July 24-31 (invites to follow)
FPnZbVdUcAAgCxn.jpg
thegreat

Post by thegreat »

RyanA wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:55 pm Hot off the presses!:
From USA Shooting's Twitter:
With the reduction in COVID-19 restrictions at the USOPTC, we are excited to invite you all to the following matches at the USOPTC:
-Pistol National Championships, June 3-12
-Rifle National Championships, June 16-26
-National Pistol JO, July 24-31 (invites to follow)
FPnZbVdUcAAgCxn.jpg

Thanks for the headsup man