Western Wildcat scores

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

efoleyjr

Western Wildcat scores

Post by efoleyjr »

Anybody have the scores from the 2022 Widcat?

Ed
Gabe

Re: Western Wildcat scores

Post by Gabe »

Here is what I was sent.
Attachments
669503260.jpg
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Thanks

Ed
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thanks for posting.

Congrats to one of my "old" shooters in the Expert category --- Shoutout to Dev Shaver!!!
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

Day 1 must have been windy.

What scores do you have to shoot to be classified HM (high master) in smallbore? I thought the classification only went up to Master.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

I don’t know if they still give out HM in SBR. Come back out and shoot with us. Almost time for Spring thunderstorms!
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

1845greyhounds wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:52 pm Day 1 must have been windy.

What scores do you have to shoot to be classified HM (high master) in smallbore? I thought the classification only went up to Master.
There is no NRA classification of High Master. The HM class at the Wildcat is if you are Distinguished in SB prone or have scored 5 or more 1600 or 3200 scores in registered competitions you must shoot in the HM class

Ed.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Then it’s Lifetime Master they don’t give out anymore?
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

rgibson wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:52 pm ... Come back out and shoot with us. Almost time for Spring thunderstorms!
Lol. I plan on shooting your June metric prone. I'd prefer to avoid another lightning storm... to fill in the blanks for any other readers, during Robert's June 2021 metric prone match, a storm cell rolled over us. 30-50 mph winds = horizontal rain that soaked everyone and everything, plus it blew a bunch of stuff (including shot targets) out from under our cover. Less than ideal AND there was lightning... One strike was right on top of us. I got a little transfer from the scope stand I was holding. A few minutes later, someone from the adjacent range sped up and said 2 guys got struck! Several of us, Robert included, ran down and rendered what aid we could to an initially unconscious, then semi-conscious, very confused, combative 20 year old man with severely impaired motor skills until EMS arrived. From the onset roles were quickly assigned and everyone helped in some manner, from calling EMS, to waiting at the gate to guide EMS to the incident, to securing everyone's stuff and everything in-between. Not an experience I'd like to repeat, but one that we all performed reasonably well in. I am proud of all involved. It was a sobbering reminder that those pre-match emergency plan reviews we give or have heard are important...
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

[/quote]
There is no NRA classification of High Master. The HM class at the Wildcat is if you are Distinguished in SB prone or have scored 5 or more 1600 or 3200 scores in registered competitions you must shoot in the HM class

Ed.
[/quote]

Thank you for explaining. I always wondered...
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Jamie,

Your recounting of the match reminds me of something Grandma said to me on occasion; "It's all good fun until somebody's hair starts smoking." We look forward to your return in June. Hey! June is the start of hurricane season down here:-)

Robert