GSP500

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
deadeyedick

Re: GSP500

Post by deadeyedick »

I believe aluminium.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i dont like they discontinued the GSP Expert. GSP classic and Expert are still in use. In my country they still have the numbers especially in 32.
If Walther has an ear in this forum I really hope they continue to support GSP
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

It appears that they are continuing GSP500 support only and may/have ceased production of the SSP and GSP Expert.
David M

Post by David M »

From the Australian Dealer re GSP500
"It is has been released this month at IWA we do not expect delivery here in Australia till July /August at this stage."
Leon

Post by Leon »

David M wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:08 am From the Australian Dealer re GSP500
"It is has been released this month at IWA we do not expect delivery here in Australia till July /August at this stage."
There seems to be two importers of Walther pistols into Australia - one a large dealer in Qld and the other the original importer based in South Australia.

Who do you think will be best to order one from?
JKR

Post by JKR »

I’ve been shooting a GSP Expert for a couple years now. Hands down the most reliable 22 I’ve ever owned. If that reliability is carried to the new GSP 500 it’s got to be worth consideration.
On another note, what’s the status of the Benelli 90 in Europe? Are they still being made? Seems to have dried up here in the states. Mine has been on loan to my son. Just got it back, serviced it, and did some shooting with it. I’d forgotten what a great target gun it is. My plans were to sell it but now I’m considering selling the GSP instead.
JKR
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

GSP was reliable if nothing else. It had terrible, front heavy and ungainly balance and a rear sight blade to be laughed at.
However as the previous message has mentioned, if reliability is ongoing and all the other design issues have been addressed I will be one of the early owners.
Leon

Post by Leon »

JKR wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:18 pm I’ve been shooting a GSP Expert for a couple years now. Hands down the most reliable 22 I’ve ever owned. If that reliability is carried to the new GSP 500 it’s got to be worth consideration.
On another note, what’s the status of the Benelli 90 in Europe? Are they still being made? Seems to have dried up here in the states. Mine has been on loan to my son. Just got it back, serviced it, and did some shooting with it. I’d forgotten what a great target gun it is. My plans were to sell it but now I’m considering selling the GSP instead.
JKR
Yes, the Benelli MP90S is still being made. Available new in .22 and .32 here in Australia.

I agree with you on the MP90 - it's still one of my favorites in a .22 match pistol, if not the favorite.

Here is a picture of mine - it has a couple of changes from stock. My gunsmith made a new 5.5mm front sight, and widened the rear sight notch to 6mm. It also has a wide 3D printed trigger in metal, designed and sold by a TT member a few years ago, and sold via Shapeways.

Now it is perfect.
MP90S-A.jpg
MP90S-B.jpg
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Noted that https://carl-walther.com/sport/products/targetpistols no longer list the GSP Expert or SSP.

Bob
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Just order through Kathy AT Wilsons Target Arms... Frontier don't sell direct to public...
Leon wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:52 pm
There seems to be two importers of Walther pistols into Australia - one a large dealer in Qld and the other the original importer based in South Australia.

Who do you think will be best to order one from?
[/quote]

Cheers
Brad
KFinke

Post by KFinke »

I for one am thrilled at this new pistol. I've been shooting an SP-20 for the last 10 years and it is the best of all the pistols out there. I have just about every modern sport/standard pistol in production, and I keep coming back to my SP-20 for the following reasons.

1) It works. It just works. Never have mis-feeds or alibi's. The only time I have trouble is with badly produced ammo. Otherwise, it just about eats everything and functions all of the time.
2) It's light weight. Which means by the time I put weights or a dot on it, I don't end up with a heavy gun and I can get it balanced just right. And for Standard Pistol, I love having a light gun for quick raising and shooting.
3) The RRS system is fantastic. I mostly shoot bullseye, and I never loose the target or the dot during recoil. In fact, for most shots, the dot is still well inside the target frame.
4) The plastic magazines are really amazing. And the new GSP will be using the same ones. They load really easy and I believe they are a huge factor in it's reliability. I think metal magazine feed lips potentially fatigue over time and are a large factor in feed reliability.
5) Very low bore axis. Recoil is straight back and very little rise.
6) Best adjustable trigger group. Second to none. If you can't adjust it to the way you like it, it can't be done.
7) Great ergonomics. I like how easy it is to access the slide lock. Way easier than my Pardini. I also like the access to the ejection port with both the side and top being open. Did I talk about the magazines? You do need tools to break it down and clean it, but it's super easy to clean after broken down. Everything is very easy to access and clean.

So with all of that, the things I see on the GSP that I'm excited about are lineage back to the SP-20/280 with very similar ergonomics. So with the plastic magazines, recoil management, similar slide and adjustable weights up front, I think it will be a very reliable performer. I'm also thrilled to see a more conventional wood grip. I love the Plastic Grip texture on the SP-20, but it's not the easiest to work. If you want to replace it or try other sizes, you have to find an all in one lower. So, the move to an integrated frame with a more conventional wood grip is a plus. And because it uses the securing bolt and floating rod attach mechanism like a lot of Air Pistols, I bet you can insert some shims, spacers or ramps to get the grip to adjust in rake and cant. Another plus.

As soon as I find an importer in the US, I'm going to order a pair in .22 and .32. Can't wait!

-Kevin
Leon

Post by Leon »

Have you been drinking?
robjob

Post by robjob »

If the price is lower than the pardini, ill have one as well. Already on the list with the distributor... yes, I'm the test dummy, and happily so...
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Just had pricing confirmed for Australia on the GSP 500 - .22LR will cost $3995AUD and the .32 S&W is $4495AUD

So based on these prices, looks like I will be buying a couple Pardini pistols instead and put the difference into a Air Pistol upgrade!
David M

Post by David M »

Damm.....that's dearer than my new Manurhin !
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i cannot understand how the prices are so high when the underline base is the SP20. R&D is certainly minimized.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Any eta for Australia ?
robjob

Post by robjob »

According to this, going rate is 2150 Euro, which seems to be about 20% cheaper than pardini.... and that includes the 19% VAT... seems like profit taking to me...

https://buinger.com/Walther-Sportpistol-GSP500-22lr
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

the pardini is 2289 euro: https://buinger.com/Pardini-SP-Edition
so gsp500 is only 6% cheaper
robjob wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:24 pm According to this, going rate is 2150 Euro, which seems to be about 20% cheaper than pardini.... and that includes the 19% VAT... seems like profit taking to me...

https://buinger.com/Walther-Sportpistol-GSP500-22lr
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9