ISSF Kneeling Roll Rules for 10m Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rpm

ISSF Kneeling Roll Rules for 10m Air Rifle

Post by rpm »

What is the maximum size for a Kneeling Roll? According to ISSF rule 7.5.8.5, 2017 Edition and current on the ISSF site. The maximum dimension is 25cm (9.84") long and 18cm (7.05") in diameter. No one sells a kneeling role larger than 6" in diameter. I was told that the rule may have changed.

Can Anyone advise?

Thank you
jhmartin

Re: ISSF Kneeling Roll Rules for 10m Air Rifle

Post by jhmartin »

https://thecmp.org/youth/air/national-s ... fle-rules/

4.7.2 Kneeling Roll
One cylindrical roll placed under the right foot or ankle of the right foot (left foot for a left-
handed athlete), in the kneeling position is allowed. The roll cannot exceed a maximum of
25cm (10 in.) long and 18cm (7 in.) in diameter. The roll must be made of soft and flexible
material. The use of binding or other devices to shape the roll is not permitted. The use of
a kneeling roll is optional.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

I bought two kneeling rolls from Creedmoor Sports two years ago at Camp Perry that measure 10in. x 7 in. They are definitely more substantial than the ones you get elsewhere while remaining legal. The last one I bought a year ago from Champions Choice is smaller.
rpm

Post by rpm »

Thank you for confirming the rules and directing me to Creedmoor Sports. I will call them tomorrow
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

rpm,
The rolls I bought are the “Deluxe.” Went back and measured the length and they are a tad over 9 inches. So they are ISSF legal.
rpm

Post by rpm »

Thank you again, placing my order tomorrow.