Standing Left Hand Morphology

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

imadoctornota

Standing Left Hand Morphology

Post by imadoctornota »

I have been having an issue when shooting while standing in that the tendons in my left hand index finger have been getting sore when shooting using a fist for my left hand shape. I use the fist because my arms are a bit shorter. Now that I have a FWB 800x, I thought that I could shift to using the palmrest by having my palm contacting it. I am finding that even when I maximize the height of the sight's risers and the height of the palmrest, my left elbow does not fit as well as it did before. Has anyone found a good way to cushion their fist? I wear a padded shooting glove that helps, though I guess it is looking like I may need something extra (or get help on adjusting wear the palmrest lies on my fist/knuckles etc).
ChickenChowda

Re: Standing Left Hand Morphology

Post by ChickenChowda »

You can raise your natural point of aim by widening your stance, you can bring your support hand in a little closer too. Raising the buttplate can also help, but will also mess with your head position so I wouldn't go to extreme with that adjustment. There is also a company "aim the sports studio" on facebook who makes palm rest extensions for the 800x. You can always add a block underneath the palm rest too for more height. Just be careful, the ISSF rule is a palm rest cant extend more than 120mm away from centerline of the bore for air rifle.