Recommendations for Off Hand Stand

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kbean

Recommendations for Off Hand Stand

Post by kbean »

Any advice on off hand stands?
Our club uses Champions Choice. They are fine, but the base legs are long and can be difficult to stand around or set up next to other shooters.

I see other brands, TecHro,Anschutz, Gehmann. Any reason one might work better than the others?

Thank you!
Riflemom10x

Re: Recommendations for Off Hand Stand

Post by Riflemom10x »

We got one from Orberle Enterprises that my son loves, it’s really adjustable, but easy to operate at the same time so he doesn’t need any help using it on his own and adjusting in all three positions. Comes with an ammo tray and carry case!
DavZee

Post by DavZee »

I’ve been using one from tec-hro. My teams shoot at different clubs and mostly we’re setting up in pistol ports that are very narrow.
I like this stand because it has one short leg that is super helpful at taking up less space. It’s made a big difference.
It’s carbon fiber so it’s light to carry in the gear bag but can be a bit top heavy when using it in standing with a full ammo tray.
If you decide on getting one make sure you get the extra clip for the ammo tray to use in standing position.
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

I like the shootingequipment.de stand, which is also available as the Kurt Thune stand.. Seems reasonably well made, and at least doesn't get mixed up with the sea of Tec-HRO and Champion stands.