Anschutz Race Foresight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GolfShot

Anschutz Race Foresight

Post by GolfShot »

Hi,

Just wanted to see how peoples experience has been with the Anschutz Race Foresight.

What are the cons and pros compared to conventional sights?

Are the sights fragile, do you have to baby them?

Is glare an issue with them?

Whats the purpose of the empty ring they also make?

For reference Im looking to use it on an Walther KK500 with a Starik Tube for both prone and 3p.

Cheers
Attachments
9460-black-2.jpg
rgibson

Re: Anschutz Race Foresight

Post by rgibson »

I am also interested in any user feedback. It appears as if it might be valuable for removing even more clutter in the sight picture. Should be easier to clean the lenses. I don’t know if I could live without the adjustable aperture outdoors anymore. Maybe it is meant as an indoor sight?! Inquiring minds want to know!
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

If you are looking for one I have one for sale.

Ed
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

I am using the Centra version of this sight. I find several desirable features. The profile is smaller when looking thru the sights. Another way of expressing this, the thickness of the ring of the tunnel is thinner. The Centra Pure is height adjustable, using thin spacers. This allows an improved sight picture by having a thin post at the bottom of the insert and not the clunky black rectangular base. This allows a better circle within a circle.

I have used the Centra Pure on my smallbore position rifle indoors and outdoors. Reflections have not been an issue for me.

Regarding the fixed vs. adjustable issue, I like the thinner ring thickness available with the fixed style. It only takes a minute to change the element. A friend is experimenting with 1.0 and 1.1mm ring thickness with good results. The ring thickness with adjustable is usually 2.0mm. Yes, thinner ranges are available but I am not observing very many in use.

Using the spacers I can get a very good adjustment going from a 50 yard to 100 yard on my prone smallbore rifle. That way it is only a couple clicks and not 84. I remove one of the 2mm spacers that are shown in the picture. The black cap on the lens, in the left of the picture, is for protection from dust and dirt. It is removed for shooting.
Pure Profile.jpg
Pure Profile.jpg (18.26 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
The below picture is a Level made by Centra. I have one here, more are on the way from Germany.

Pure with Level on Starik (2).jpg
Pure with Level on Starik (2).jpg (29.15 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

I am also using one on my 300m position rifle. Again, no glare issues.

The empty ring hold the MEC Eagle Eye Change with the BaK4 GLASS front lens. I also use it to hold the Centra filter FS, which works well both when using a Suis type target or outdoors. The Blue in the front sight is a Filter FS. I use this when there is indoor lighting. I think it helps contrast.
Pure.jpg
Pure.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Yes, some of the pictures are rotated, it is my photography skills ( Or Lack )
Hope this opinion helps..

MarkTrew
Last edited by MarkTrew on Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GolfShot

Post by GolfShot »

MarkTrew wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:33 am I am using the Centra version of this sight. I find several desirable features. The profile is smaller when looking thru the sights. Another way of expressing this, the thickness of the ring of the tunnel is thinner. The Centra Pure is height adjustable, using thin spacers. This allows an improved sight picture by having a thin post at the bottom of the insert and not the clunky black rectangular base. This allows a better circle within a circle.

I have used the Centra Pure on my smallbore position rifle indoors and outdoors. Reflections have not been an issue for me.

Regarding the fixed vs. adjustable issue, I like the thinner ring thickness available with the fixed style. It only takes a minute to change the element. A friend is experimenting with 1.0 and 1.1mm ring thickness with good results. The ring thickness with adjustable is usually 2.0mm. Yes, thinner ranges are available but I am not observing very many in use.

Using the spacers I can get a very good adjustment going from a 50 yard to 100 yard on my prone smallbore rifle. That way it is only a couple clicks and not 84.

I am also using one on my 300m position rifle. Again, no glare issues.

The empty ring hold the MEC Eagle Eye Change with the BaK4 GLASS front lens. I also use it to hold the Centra filter FS, which works well both when using a Suis type target or outdoors.

Hope this opinion helps..

MarkTrew

Thanks alot for the detailed info MarkTrew. Would be great if you could post some photos of your setup as I cant seem to find any photos online of the Centra Pure sight in use.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Thank you!
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

Revised Pictures for clarification.

MarkTrew