Dreams of Olympic glory, guys?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Dreams of Olympic glory, guys?

Post by Rover »

jhmartin

Re: Dreams of Olympic glory, guys?

Post by jhmartin »

In a sport like Rifle it does not matter very much at the scale of NCAA. (or even ISSF level)
As a matter of fact -or at least my opinion- I think the gals have the advantage.

On the international scale -- it is probably determined now on how stupid an athlete thinks the new Final is in 3x20. (TWO score resets????!!!!) Dunno who is thinking these things up.

================================
The NCAA made a decision to not make a decision. Letting the IOC make a decision that should be based on science, but instead is made on cash flow was stupid. This outcry started at the grassroots level and began working it's way up the chain ... NCAA just tossed a major woke roadblock into the roadmap. (And they are for sure all about the money)

I came from the sport of swimming, and I know in my own experience that by even high school males have a distinct advantage.
While rifle --- the gals have the advantage --- maturity, concentration are all much better in females.
There are a lot of other NSFW reasons, bottom line --- males are distracted by other things starting at about ages 12-13.
I know my stupidity peaked about 19-20 ... well maybe 21-22, oh yeah-maybe 29-30. Well - really - about 32 when I got married and my wife began the long process of straightening me out --- 30 years later she is still patient w/ me.