Pardini fr22 what options?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

imadoctornota

Pardini fr22 what options?

Post by imadoctornota »

I am fairly deadset on getting a pardini fr22 rifle now. The next question is what options I should get for the rifle. I can get the rifle alone or I can get the rifle with additional stocks and or buttplates for easier swapping in 3P rifle. I was hoping people more experienced than me could comment on a how worth it it would be to have additional stocks for someone who is aspiring for 3P rifle (I am close to having prone in a good place to move onto standing). I have been shooting for 9ish months and know that I will be interested in competitive shooting long term. It costs 2000 for two extra stocks, 2500 to also include buttplate hooks
Piefou

Re: Pardini fr22 what options?

Post by Piefou »

Hi.

If you plan to get in the world cup finals, the separate rear-stocks will help you to get the critical seconds of preparation.

Just get the simpler version, with just a stock, and you have a rifle that can follow you for decades.
Keep the money for ammo batch-testing, that's way more important !
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
MGComp

Post by MGComp »

I wouldn’t want to speak to whether jumping in and spending all this money on the rifle is worth it for you. That is a decision that you will need to decide, but as the post above mentions. Keep in mind that there is a lot of other equipment that will help you right as you get started.

I shoot an FR22 and I do like the feel of it. However, I do think the additional rear assemblies are necessary if you expect to make significant adjustments to the cheek piece between positions. It is difficult to adjust the cheekpiece tilt or latitude consistently. Another option would be to purchase buttplates and cheek pieces separately to save a bit of money. I am not sure if you could then later purchase the assembly with the grip.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

MGComp wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 am I wouldn’t want to speak to whether jumping in and spending all this money on the rifle is worth it for you. That is a decision that you will need to decide, but as the post above mentions. Keep in mind that there is a lot of other equipment that will help you right as you get started.

I shoot an FR22 and I do like the feel of it. However, I do think the additional rear assemblies are necessary if you expect to make significant adjustments to the cheek piece between positions. It is difficult to adjust the cheekpiece tilt or latitude consistently. Another option would be to purchase buttplates and cheek pieces separately to save a bit of money. I am not sure if you could then later purchase the assembly with the grip.
The bolded part is the big question.

I would say, order the base rifle with one stock/cheek/butt plate and check to see just how much change there is between positions. If you feel you would benefit a different rear assembly for another position(s) you can always order one or more.