Air pistol practice ranges in Austin,TX

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rahulb

Air pistol practice ranges in Austin,TX

Post by Rahulb »

Hello All,

I have been practicing 10m airpistol since a year back home. I recently moved to Austin, TX. I am looking for any recommendations regarding practice ranges (or) any programs where I can continue improve my shooting skills. I really want to continue this further. Any information is much appreciated.

Fyi, I am in Travis county and I am 28 years old.

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul
John Foster

Re: Air pistol practice ranges in Austin,TX

Post by John Foster »

Many years ago the UT campus had a range along side the ROTC building. I believe it is now gone. I tried to find a club with one but could not.
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

Austin Rifle Club shoots airgun indoors on Thursday evenings. It's not public; you have to join the club. They have a large outdoor facility also near Manor, TX.
https://austinrifleclub.org/
Dr.Don
RodJ

Post by RodJ »

Dr.Don wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:15 pm Austin Rifle Club shoots airgun indoors on Thursday evenings. It's not public; you have to join the club. They have a large outdoor facility also near Manor, TX.
https://austinrifleclub.org/
Dr. Don, I don’t see the airgun shoots on the club calendar. Do you have a contact for it?

To the OP, other than the Austin Rifle Club, I have never found an air pistol specific (nor rifle) range and am not aware of group of any local AP clubs or groups. It’s entirely possible that one of the regular indoor ranges would allow you to shoot air guns. Frankly, I’d just go shoot and not even ask.
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

RodJ,

The air gun activity was on the Austin Rifle Club calendar when I wrote my post, but they appear to have disappeared for the new year. Lack of interest I would guess. They were running an open practice in the club house on Thursday evenings but I agree it is no longer on the calendar.
Dr.Don
stephen_maly

Post by stephen_maly »

The Covid crisis has resulted in the airgun practices being suspended for the time being. You need to be a member to attend airgun practice. The outdoor ranges are still open, but not really suitable for air pistol. The last time I looked into it, the club at UT was open to UT students (and staff) only. There are shoots put on by the the Shooting Stars club in Dallas (Carrollton more exactly).
High Left

Post by High Left »

There's currently nothing on the ARC calendar. In process of updating, I'd guess?

There's also, or was, smallbore practice outdoors. Don't remember what day specifically, and last I looked there wasn't anything showing for '22.