Anschutz 2002 Cylinder

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

marky-d

Anschutz 2002 Cylinder

Post by marky-d »

Anyone have an out-of-date aluminum air cylinder for an Anschutz 2002 they want to get rid of? My son (13) has been shooting an Anschutz with the steel cylinder off a rest, but is now big enough to start shooting freehand -- I'd like to swap out the steel cylinder to save some weight and make it easier for him to hold.

Seeing as this should be a temporary situation, I don't want to spend the money for a new cylinder. Let me know if you have something and are willing to make a deal!

Thanks,
marky-d
pdeal

Re: Anschutz 2002 Cylinder

Post by pdeal »

There are some old out of date cylinders for sale on ebay for pretty reasonable prices.
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

Thanks, but I was a little hesitant to order stuff off eBay from Bulgaria. Probably not an issue, as they seem to regularly have stuff for sale, but it still gives me pause. Has anyone here bought anything from them?

marky-d
rpm

Post by rpm »

How do you trust an out of date cylinder? Who is responsible if something goes wrong and you or your child is injured?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Well, It's been 15 years or so since i had an in date cylinder. Doesn't worry me too much.

As far as buying something from Bulgaria- I did buy an anschutz trigger guard from there. Not sure if it's the same outfit. I probably wouldn't buy a tractor or car from them.
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

I'm not going to jump down the whole out-of-date-cylinder rabbit hole again, other than to say I would not be risking the safety of my son at all. I would be the one refilling it, and therefore I would be the one injured if it failed. A filled cylinder is not going to spontaneously burst while installed on a gun.

And no, I'm not concerned in the least by an arbitrary date stamped on a cylinder with no engineering data or physical justification for it.

marky-d
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

Well, I finally received my aluminum cylinder, direct from Bulgaria! It took a while to get here (~1mo, I guess), but it looks immaculate and holds air just fine. For reference, it looks like it's about 300g lighter than the steel, but it's about an inch longer. The weight difference doesn't feel like a lot when I'm holding them in my hands, but over half a pound less weight hanging out front ought to make a difference on the rifle.

Thanks,
marky-d