Scatt USB Settings for Air PIstol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jscot111

Scatt USB Settings for Air PIstol

Post by jscot111 »

I have a Scatt USB with the pro software. What are some basic settings for 10m air pistol? I'm not sure where to set the piezo setting and the F coefficient. I will be using a Steyr EVO 10E at the full 10m distance.
Thanks Scott Duthie
thirdwheel

Re: Scatt USB Settings for Air PIstol

Post by thirdwheel »

Many coaches set the F coefficient to zero to take away the mathematical guesstermate of the movement of the pellet sideways in the air after it leaves the muzzle, think it will automatically set to 7 or 12 if you tell it you are shooting 10m air.
Put the gizmo on the pistol as near the trigger as poss so it can "hear" the sear let go or the hammer thump. Play with the setting until it records every time, for my pistols the slider is over to the left hand side of the scale. Visit the scatt site and download the instructions and all will be revealed to you, it is a great bit of kit.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

The correct F coefficient for air pistol is 25. The "0" is laser ray and the value 50 is suitable to the rifle shooting
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

12 is the standard f coeficient for pistol.

When it comes to the other settings: whatever works!
Ramon
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Thanks Ramon for the real number, I don't bother and always set it to Zero to see exactly how much movement there was at release and not some form of approximation making it like a shooting game but you can flick between the two and you can see the difference if you wish.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

For the air pistol, the F coefficient setting from 15 to the extreme 35 (Nestrujev) is used. Only results with the same F coefficient are comparable. Look in the archive. An example is http://scattdb.com/file/5065. There you can find the complete results of a number of shooters, including the corresponding version of the device.
jscot111

Post by jscot111 »

Thanks everyone, got it running. Now if I could get the blue line to stay inside the yellow.
Scott