Olympic 10m Air Rifle Trials?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

agistchau

Olympic 10m Air Rifle Trials?

Post by agistchau »

I'm trying to understand how one qualifies for the Olympic 10m Air Rifle event. I've found some rules regarding how many shots can be fired in a match, and the top scores, but I can't seem to find anything explaining how someone can actually qualify for this event.

Any help would be appreciated!https://omegle.onl/ vshare
Last edited by agistchau on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Re: Olympic 10m Air Rifle Trials?

Post by Tim S »

Edit: The process varies between countries, but there are two (three steps): quota and selection. Since 1988, entries have been limited. Previously each country could send a team. In an effort to limit numbers, shooters can win a quota place for their country at certain international events,such as the World Championships. The quota place is awarded to the country, not the individual shooter. In some countries, a shooter who wins a quota may automatically be nominated for the Olympic team. In others there may be a selection match to decide the team. The selection may be open to all, or limited to those with International experience: Olympic rules require shooters to attain a Minimum Qualifying Score at certain events. Your country's NGB will have a policy explaining this; in the US it's USA Shooting, and I the United Kingdom it's British Shooting.

As the Tokyo games are only a few months gone, most NGBs will be thinking of teams for the 2022 World Cup season and World Chpionships. The World Championships are usually the first opportunity athletes have to earn an Olympic quota (basically an entry ticket) for their county at the 2024 Paris games.

In your post you say you know the course of fire. This makes it sound like you have not yet shot a match. If that's correct, You need to shoot some matches before thinking about Olympic trials.