Daisy 853/953, and 747

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dave4321

Daisy 853/953, and 747

Post by Dave4321 »

I'm a new member and first want to thank you for this forum. I have many airguns but have never really done a lot in terms of taking them apart, making changes, and putting them back together. This forum is exactly what I was was looking for and I am hoping that I can get answers to three questions to move me along me in this new hobby:

1. I have had a Daisy 953 since about 2006 and have installed a diopter rear sight and a hooded front sight. I just purchased a CMP Daisy 853. What I would like to know is whether I can take out both rifle pieces out of the respective stocks and switch them, installing the 853 innards in the 953 stock and transferring the diopter rear scope over and putting the 953 pieces in the sporter stock. Sorry if I am using the wrong terminology for these components.

2. In researching trigger jobs on line, I read that Daisy had published a pdf file with excellent instructions to supplement Pilkgun's already excellent file. The more info and diagrams I have, the better I can do at tasks where I have little experience.

3. I would like to upgrade the grips on my Avanti 747. Can any members point me to some vendors that sell replacements for the plastic OEM grips?

Thanks a lot. I appreciate any assistance!

Dave B
ba49

Re: Daisy 853/953, and 747

Post by ba49 »

Try Vernon Austin for your grips, he's the best deal out there IMHO. He can also fit them to different size hands and the workmanship is beautiful.He can sometimes be found on ebay under the name Mystryman. I have several different sets of his grips including several on my 747s and 777s. Turnaround times can sometimes be a month or two but WELL worth the wait.
GaryN

Re: Daisy 853/953, and 747

Post by GaryN »

Most of the x53 parts are interchangeable.
- I put a 853 action into a 953 stock. The 953 stock is heavier and thus easier for me to hold on target. Should also work in reverse.
- If you move the sights, you have to move it as a set, front+rear. The 853 front sight is permanently attached to the barrel weight, so you also move the barrel weight.