RWS Hyper Match pellets .177 5gr tin pellets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Chris73

RWS Hyper Match pellets .177 5gr tin pellets

Post by Chris73 »

Hi,

I am thinking of trying out these pellets for my 10m and was wondering how they compare to the R10 pistol match pellets? The RWS Hyper are about 5 gr and the R10 7 gr. I like the idea of not using lead and trying to be a bit green. Anybody have experiences using these and the grouping capability? Many thanks.
Rover

Re: RWS Hyper Match pellets .177 5gr tin pellets

Post by Rover »

Use RWS Basic for low weight and low price, plus superior accuracy. Save the "green" for your shorts.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

The UK government is considering banning lead ammunition and is in the throes of preparing legislation. There is considerable pushback from UK air and rimfire shooters.

The governing organisations have carried out testing with LFA (lead free ammunition). The results are not pretty. The suggestion is that LFA is impossible to shoot with any precision or accuracy. The random nature of the hits will discourage shooters to the extent that the serious ones will quit shooting because skill cannot achieve competitive scores - there is too much randomness involved.

Returning to the post, the RWS Hyper Match pellets were one of those tested in the UK (RWS Hyper Match, RWS Hyper Dome and H&N Field Target Trophy Green). The lighter weight appears to be a distinct disadvantage.

I have attached the paper produced by the UK NSRA.
Lead in Small-bore Target Shooting - NSRA UK.pdf
(456.2 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Bob
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Hello Bob,
I was not aware of all this, thank you for posting.
I'll be having a good read!

My best,
Chris.