Anschutz Precise rear sight on SB

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Grego13

Anschutz Precise rear sight on SB

Post by Grego13 »

Does anyone have experience using the Anschutz precise rear sight on SB in any of the three positions? I presently have an Anschutz Universal rear sight on my 1907 54.30. I like the lower profile and setup of the Precise sight, but am not sure how it compares with the Anschutz Universal.

Thank'ee
pfiori

Re: Anschutz Precise rear sight on SB

Post by pfiori »

I have been using one for a few months for both 3P and conventional prone, both indoors and out.
I purchased it to have a less obstructed field of view down range around the sight and it does give the least obstructed view of any of the commonly available sights, though only marginally better than a Centra Spy or the Anschutz 7020 sight when rotated to have the elevation knob at the 3 o'clock position.
Having the windage and elevation knobs in one location is convenient and does require less movement but does take some focused thought to get comfortable with.
It is repeatable and tracks well but the click value is small. This is fine for indoors and out to 50 meters outdoors but can be challenging for the 100 yard stages of a conventional prone match.
It does have a limited range of adjustment travel for both windage and elevation so the installation needs to be mechanically well centered.

Pete
Grego13

Re: Anschutz Precise rear sight on SB

Post by Grego13 »

Thank you Pete. Very helpful.

Greg