Coat/Trousers/Shoes/Undergarments/Sweaters 10m Precision Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Cbratton

Coat/Trousers/Shoes/Undergarments/Sweaters 10m Precision Air Rifle

Post by Cbratton »

What are the best coat and trousers and shoes and undergarments/sweaters for shooting 10m precision air rifle? There seems to be an overwhelming number of options. Thanks for any advice or information you can offer regarding materials, add-ons, brands, etc.

Charlie
GolfShot

Re: Coat/Trousers/Shoes/Undergarments/Sweaters 10m Precision Air Rifle

Post by GolfShot »

The current flavour of the month is Capapie.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Charlie,

As above Capapie of India is currently very popular among Olympic and top level national shooters. Sauer (Germany), Kurt Thune (Finland), Hitex (Czech Republic), and Monard (Sweden) are other top brands.

However, are you wanting to jump straight in with a best quality suit from a big name brand? These are very expensive, and many shooters pay more to have the suit made to their measurements. A made to measure suit should fit better than an off-the-peg one, especially if you aren't a standard size, but is very expensive. Not many shooters buy Olympic quality straight away. Quality brands like Thune, Monard, and Hitex offer less expensive jackets as well as their best quality. These are durable, and if they fit you, will serve well for several years. There are economy jackets too; these are often styled after better quality jackets (well, quality jackets from a few years ago). Fit and finish can vary, but that's the trade off for the cost.
Last edited by Tim S on Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cbratton

Post by Cbratton »

Jumping to Capapie quality is not on my radar just yet. What are the best more budget-friendly suits? I've looked at Champion's Choice, Creedmoor, Anschutz, Gehmann, etc. Which of these is the best and why? Perhaps there are other brands/models I haven't looked at. If so, what other recommendations would you make?

Also, what price range do Thune, Sauer, Hitex, Mondard, etc. fall under? These seem to be a step up from the ones I mentioned above but not quite Capapie.

Thank you for all your help!
Charlie
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

You might look at the manufacturer's websites:

http://www.kurtthune.com/
https://www.monard.com/
https://www.hitex.cz/en/

These will show their full range, in case your local distributor/agent only normally carries certain models.

This UK supplier's site will give you an idea of the difference in cost between models: https://www.edinkillie.co.uk/edinkillie ... 00004.html
imadoctornota

Post by imadoctornota »

I purchased an Anschutz jacket from Oberle Enterprises. I have been very happy with it so far.
DavZee

Post by DavZee »

I’ve been shooting in a Creedmoor leather hardback for years. Superb quality.
Many others I know wear them too. They are ok for NRA matches but I don’t think
they are ISSF compatible so check the rules for matches you’ll be shooting in.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

DavZee wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:56 am I’ve been shooting in a Creedmoor leather hardback for years. Superb quality.
Many others I know wear them too. They are ok for NRA matches but I don’t think
they are ISSF compatible so check the rules for matches you’ll be shooting in.
Adjustable chest straps are a no-no for ISSF matches. The thick back would also fall foul.