Walther KK500 Torque Values

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GolfShot

Walther KK500 Torque Values

Post by GolfShot »

Hi,

Ive recently purchased an torque wrench and want to play around with torque values on the action bolts.

Any recommendations on what nm the four action bolts should be?

Thanks
analretentive

Re: Walther KK500 Torque Values

Post by analretentive »

3.5 nm or 31 in. lbs.

Gerry
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

Just in case anybody is searching the topic for the Blacktec model that uses two action screws - 4.5 to 5.0Nm is what Walther recommend to me.
GolfShot

Post by GolfShot »

I will give 3.5nm a try next time im at the range.

Thanks Gerry
40xguy

Post by 40xguy »

try different torque settings.... it just might change your group size !!
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

40xguy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 am try different torque settings.... it just might change your group size !!
Most of my other rifles benefit from playing with the torque, but they all have front and rear action screws. I usually tighten both to factory specs, then loosen the rear screw almost totally...at least for starters.

The Walther only has action screws in about 1 1/2 square inches directly under the barrel tenon in the receiver...none at the rear of the action. I'm not sure playing with the torque will get you anywhere; but I could be wrong.

Gerry
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

I realise this is a bit of a sideline to this thread but since it's related to the action screw area of the receiver I thought I'd ask...(This is just for my own curiosity)

I have the Blacktec stock model that uses the two central action screws to mount it to the stock. The Expert and Anatomic presumably both use the 4 smaller screw holes arranged in a square pattern? Or does either one of them use the same two screws as the Blacktec?

Also, there is a counter bored, tapped hole on the underside of the receiver. There is a matching hole in the Blacktec stock - when I first removed my action from the stock I thought there possibly should be a recoil lug screwed into this hole and mine was missing. I contacted Walther and they told me there shouldn't be anything there on the Blacktec stock. What is this counter bored hole for? Do the Expert or Anatomic models utilise this hole for anything? Recoil lug?

Thanks.

(P.S. - my receiver looks manky in those images, it's actually a coating of Renaissance Wax I was after rubbing on it as a corrosion barrier while it was out of the stock. I'd hate anyone to think I don't look after my gun. Oh the shame!)
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

I am a benchrest troglodyte, so I can only speak for the Walther benchrest stock. The attachment hardware includes a steel pillar and taper head hex drive bolt. The pillar goes through the stock and into the recess in the receiver.

Gerry